Difference between 06 and 07 M35 LCD - 06 hard to see in sunlight

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
beatrice57
Car: Infiniti M35

Hi - Is there a difference in the LCD for the M35 for the 2006 vs 2007 year? I test drove a 2006 and the LCD (climate display, etc.) display was hard to see in daylight - the 07 was very easy to see. Was it just me?

Thanks,

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Might just have its settings different. I adjusted mine and now I can pretty easily in daytime.

iPencil
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x

I'm guessing either they had it on "Night" mode, or else someone had the "Brightness" adjusted down too far. I've never had trouble seeing my 06 display.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

If you press the sun/moon button on the right of the main control panel. If that does not give you the results you are seeking you might want to think of getting a cover for it.

Something like 3M Vikuiti® ( http://www.activetechdesigns.com/7722.html ) works well at least from the science behind the product. ( http://solutions.3m.com/wps/po...tfilm/ ).

Although I will be honest with you I have not seen anyone with these as the color and contrast are adaptable to suit most peoples needs.

To the best of my knowledge there is no difference between 06-08, although the software in the AV unit is different on the 08.

beatrice57

Thanks everyone for all the information - you've been very helpful. This forum is great. I'm off tomorrow for what I hope is my last test drive - a M35 with 18K miles on it. At least I'll know how to adjust the brightness on the LCD - thanks to all of you!

The00Dustin
Car: 2006 M45

Well, you know how to switch between day and night mode anyway, you'll probably figure out how to adjust the brightness if you don't read this, though. On the other hand, if you do, you need to turn the wheel or use the left and right buttons to adjust the brightness after pressing the day/night button and getting it to day mode. Also, in 2008 there is an auto mode, though I don't know what it does, it may just be that they started indicating it was auto where they didn't indicate such a think in the 2006 and I am unsure about the 2007.

TEE M35x

The00Dustin wrote:Well, you know how to switch between day and night mode anyway, you'll probably figure out how to adjust the brightness if you don't read this, though. On the other hand, if you do, you need to turn the wheel or use the left and right buttons to adjust the brightness after pressing the day/night button and getting it to day mode. Also, in 2008 there is an auto mode, though I don't know what it does, it may just be that they started indicating it was auto where they didn't indicate such a think in the 2006 and I am unsure about the 2007.
I just recently discovered that the 2006 has a auto mode as well... What you do is hit the Day/Night button and switch it to night... now everytime your auto headlights go on it goes to night and when they shut off the screen goes to day. Its a good feature, that is easy to miss. As for the clarity and visibility of the screen my 06' is good, But in absolute direct sunlight the screen is hardly visible, but that rarley happens due to positioning.

The00Dustin
Car: 2006 M45

Does it say auto when you do this? I was driving an 08 G35x loaner, that's how I knew there was an auto. I thought mine automatically changed with headlights, but never noticed it saying auto the way the 08 does. I am thinking this also applies when putting it on day in the daytime since it did on the G35x (always said auto when I set it to where it wousd automatically be vs the headlights), but maybe not. I figured maybe the auto on the new ones was also light sensitive, but who knows. Would be nice if these cars had parade dimming..

TEE M35x

The00Dustin wrote:Does it say auto when you do this? I was driving an 08 G35x loaner, that's how I knew there was an auto. I thought mine automatically changed with headlights, but never noticed it saying auto the way the 08 does. I am thinking this also applies when putting it on day in the daytime since it did on the G35x (always said auto when I set it to where it wousd automatically be vs the headlights), but maybe not. I figured maybe the auto on the new ones was also light sensitive, but who knows. Would be nice if these cars had parade dimming..
no it doesnt say auto, im sure it explained it in the drivers manual but i just stumbled upon it one day when i left the night mode on and then drove out of my garage and the screen changed to the day display. I guess its an added bonus.. lol

beatrice57

Thanks everyone for all the information. When I went on my test drive today I was actually able to turn the display on and off and adjust the brightness - thanks to all of you!! It was pouring rain but I could tell the display was very easy to see. I wound up buying this car - an 07 M35X with 18K for about 27.5K. Clean Carfax, clean Autocheck and the car was regularly serviced at the Infiniti dealership wher it was purchased.

Thanks again for all your help and information - I'm sure I'll be back!!

sammysquest
Car: 2007 M35
2002 G20
2000 I30

Thanks for the information on the Day Night button.
I had the dash apart repairing the sun cracks and thought I had a loose wire, connector or something. I had never noticed the day night button before.
Thanks for the help.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”