DIF controller

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
esahuque
Car: 95 240sx KA-T, 04 frontier

DIF factory warranty and customer service SUCKS.. I purchased A DIF controller from 240sxmotoring about 4 months ago. when i received the unit, it would not program for nothing. after talking to JEFF over at 240sxmotoring (great customer service by the way) we decided to send it back to DIF. they said they found the issue and would repair the controller, They wouldn't replace the unit, OH NO they would only fix it. SOOO... I got the controller back a few weeks later and installed it in my car. It programmed and worked great, WRONG... 3 days later my battery was dead. After some testing I came to the conclusion that the controller was pulling to many mA's while the car was off and was killing my battery. Called jeff at 240sxmotoring and once again sent it back to DIF. They said they would once again test and REPAIR not replace the controller. well its been 3 weeks since i sent them the controller and this is the email i received from JEFF>

Hey paul, I got this follow up email about the DIF unit.

I also attached some pictures they sent me about the unit.

Hello Jeff,

DIF rejected warranty on the Fan Controller returned under RMA # 001764TU.

Reason is after inspection they have confirmed Condenser Burnt out due of Appling excessive electric current to the unit. The unit is not in order due of this mishandle and drawing electric even the car is not in use. Photos attached for clear image.

DIF saying they could Charge to Replace Brand New Mother Boards at $50.00 or otherwise return as is at no charge.

Could you check with your customer and let me know how he wants to do with please.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Jeff Ricca

CIP Motorsports.

SO..... in short DIF SUCKS and i told them to take the controller and shove it up there asses.

PyR0NiAk
Car: S13 SR W/ T2 GT3071R .86AR, JWT S4 Cams, 810cc Injectors,Z32 MAF, JWT tuned ECU 87mm 9:1 Compression CP pistons, Manley Rods

I've never heard a complaint about the autozone controllers. ;)

maj Andres
Car: Zenki, '95 Model, w/ S14SR20DET

PyR0NiAk wrote:I've never heard a complaint about the autozone controllers. ;)
I had one of those autozones controllers, and it worked so well that it kept my fans on all night! POS.

Now i'm trying out this DIF again. I had to return my first one since it wouldn't kick on my fans. YES, I did program the unit correctly too.

Ah..this new one needs 12V Ignition in order to work? IDK, I'll call FR Sport tomorrow.
What about the 12V AC trigger...I'm guessing that's optional, right?

lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

FTW put em on a toggle......

Ill bet $ that both ^ of these failiers are due to incorrect install and or you have an underliying problem. Ive had it happen a few times that i called the manufacture got on their forum talked to their great tech support. Anyways in the end ....it was somethin easy i overlooked/forgot/messed up but fig. it was good.

Or they may suck and more people probly would have jumped on saying they suck.

maj Andres
Car: Zenki, '95 Model, w/ S14SR20DET

Your wrong. (Atleast about me) I installed correctly, returned it for warranty and they verified the controller was faulty. Received a new one and it's now working properly. These controllers are great when they work like they're suppose to.

As far as using a toggle switch goes...yeah its the safest bet to make sure that your fans will turn on, but sometimes one forgets about them and before you know it your running hot!

lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

I was kidding about the toggle i normally have an override tho just to stay a little safer since i use advanced auto one

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”