Did my Versa come with Keyless Entry?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
rtr
Car: 2012 Nissan Versa SV 4-door Sedan

Hey I just bought a 2012 Versa SV 4 door sedan and only got a single ignition key with it. Did this car originally come with keyless entry ? It does have power windows and kicks if that helps.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

According to the 2012 Nissan Versa Press Kit, the Remote Keyless Entry system was standard on the SV & SL trim levels.

Nissan also offered an SV Convenience Package:
Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, steering wheel-mounted audio
controls, audio upgrade (MP3, SSV, RDS, iPod® control), map light,
front passenger vanity mirror

Here's a link to a free downloadable version of the owners manual for your car: 2012 Nissan Versa Owners Manual

rtr
Car: 2012 Nissan Versa SV 4-door Sedan

Thanks so much! Man I wish mine had the convenience package as those options are all I’m lacking! Wonder if they can be retro fitted easily? I know the vanity mirror can but not sure about steering wheel controls or Bluetooth

That brings next question......are the OEM style remotes on eBay good quality and will they work? You can get 2 remotes and 2 key blanks for like $15 shipped.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

You're welcome. Sorry to hear you don't have the Convenience Package, but it really isn't going to be a simple plug-n-play install. Most likely the wiring necessary for the steering wheel controls and Bluetooth modules is not in place so a retro fit is pretty much out of the question.

That being said, there are other options available. You could get a universal steering wheel control add-on, but I think they only work with aftermarket stereos, which you should consider as you'd be able to get a unit that comes with a Bluetooth module and backup camera.

As far as the key fobs, whether those found on eBay will work is gonna be iffy. First and foremost I advise researching the seller and go with the one with the best reputation. More often than not, you're throwing your money away if you settle for the cheapest ones online. Next you'll have to see if a local locksmith can program them to work with your vehicle. Worse case scenario, you'll have to take the car to your local Nissan dealership to have it done ($$$).

2019Versafan
Car: 2019 Versa S

These are the types of options that are best done when the car is going down the assembly line. As a previous poster noted a dealer retrofit would likely be very expensive. Also if said features ever need any repair work will also be very expensive. Probably not worth it financially. I'm on my 2nd Versa S sedan and I love it. It's good basic transportation which is what I was looking for. Better for my finances as well. Certainly to each their own.

Return to “Versa General Chat”