Diamond plate floor mats, yay or nay?

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
billz015
Car: 98 Sentra GXE

Just sorta bored searching through ebay and discovered they actually make aluminum floor mats lol

It might look sweet with the right interior color but I don't think it'd be too great, what do you guys think?

I don't really see many advantages either, to be honest.

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

Those are pretty much pointless.

Floor mats are supposed to hold/absorb dirt. Not just spread it around. Plus, they don't even look nice, in my opinion of course.

Torgus
Car: Nissan Maxima

They are only good for car shows. If you use them every day every little bit of sand and dirt scracthes the crap out of them and they will look bad quick. also they weigh you're car down, don't absorb water/dirt. so as a mat they are useless. if you show you're car and you think the judges will care then buy em up. they usually arn't too expensive.

one place it can look good is in your trunk if you have the right trunk setup.
billz015 wrote:Just sorta bored searching through ebay and discovered they actually make aluminum floor mats lol

It might look sweet with the right interior color but I don't think it'd be too great, what do you guys think?

I don't really see many advantages either, to be honest.

Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

Around my shop we joke about diamond plate..... we call it monster truck plate.

I wouldn't have that stuff in my car if you paid me.

Logan76
Car: Junk

Broadfield wrote:Around my shop we joke about diamond plate..... we call it monster truck plate.

I wouldn't have that stuff in my car if you paid me.
I was going to say only place Ive seen that garbage is in/on a big dumb rednecks truck.

wantz87
Car: 1990 240sx/stock v2.0
1998 GMC Sierra c1500

i've only seen one set of floor mats with diamond plate that looked good. they were normal carpetted mats, except the high wear areas that are usually rubber on the stock ones were thin diamond plate. looked good imo...

Return to “Interiors”