Dewinterizing Oil Change Question

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
ripthesystem
Car: 2013 370Z Black M6

New to the forums. Searched but couldn't find an answer so I'll try to make this quick. Thanks in advance for your help!

Due to an unfortunate situation my 2013 370Z is still winterized. I have an appointment at the dealer to change the oil and flush the brake lines next Tuesday. However, my sister needs a ride to the airport this Saturday. It would be about 100 miles round trip. Would I be safe to drive the Z before the oil change?

Thanks!

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

Well, did you change the oil before you parked it? if yes, you'll be fine. If no you be fine too, but oil oil sitting for months and months is not good.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

If winterizing means going as far as super low vis oil and you are in hot temps now no way would I do that.

If the oil weight is all right then just start up and drive easy for a few minutes to get the car back used to running and if it runs fine then do it. I let cars sit for a year plus all the time as I have too many and never any issues at all other than fuel, if they use ethanol in your local gas then fill your tank up to dilute any older fuel in it.

If ethanol used there the fuel will be much more of an issue than the oil.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”