destroked VQ35HR daily

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
TheHat
Car: 2007 350Z 6spd Coupe

Hey I have been doing a great deal of research and have desided I am going to take my 350z and destroke it. I am still a little confused though as to which FI system I should go with before I start this labor and money intensive build. I want this car to be rediculus on and off the track. This being said I need some of that engineering know how that some of you all have to understand which FI system would be best to use with this type of setup. Keep in mind that I have tossed around the idea of boreing out my 3.5 to a 3.8 so that when I destroke it I dont loose any displacement. My thought being that for daily driving it would make the setup more practical however I also know that the pistons would have an extreme dome on them which may not work out so go when the physics of engine forces come into play. Either way if some one could help me understandand why and which setup would work better it would be greatly appreciated. In the end I want this car to get props when I finish the build and take it to the texas mile and I want somthing that I wont be worried about falling apart on me when I go out for a night on the town. Help me understand how to make huge and reliable whp with this type setup.

carmo
Car: 92 Accord, 90 Civic, 89 240sx

Are you destroking the engine for a more favorable rod ratio? What kind of RPM are you expecting? That engine, as is, is very capable of reliable horsepower. The cost on the parts is gonna be ludicrous, and not to mention the machine work. If I where you I would look into low compression stroker kits and forced induction. The stroker kit will provide all your forged internals to beef up the lower end for boost. A set of barely streetable cams will have the thing acting and sounding right. Pile on top of all that, 10 pounds of boost or so and your gonna have to tub the rear end out to fit the appropriate tires. With good tuning, you should have a daily driver pushing 500+ horsepower. For tuning, I would go with AEM EMS and you'll probably have to make the fuel system a return system. Aeromotive has you covered there.

WizardBlack
Car: 1977 Datsun 280Z w/ RB25DET

Why are you so concerned about raising the rev limit? Your top end has to be able to withstand the revs as well. Slap a pair of turbos on it and you don't have to worry about powerband (I used to have a GReddy TT'd 350Z). Likewise, the well placed six gears keeps you in powerband pretty much anywhere from "rolling" to "retarded".

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”