DESPERATELY NEED HELP!!!! 2002 INFINITI G20 CV AXLE REPLACEMENT

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
johnko2009
Car: 2002 infiniti g20t

I have pulled the old cv axle out of my infiniti g20 and it is the touring edition apparently because I got the wrong replacement axle from Napa Auto Parts and have to wait for new parts tomorrow morning. The issue i'm having here is that I'm trying to put the old cv axle back into the transmission so I can move my car back inside my garage and it will not go in to save my life. I have tried putting it back in with the transmission in gear and in neutral to see if it would be easier and I'm not having much luck. Is there some sort of trick to getting these pieces of s*** back in the cv axle housing, It's the driver side that I'm attempting to get back in. Do I need to take a hammer and just wack it into place or sit there on my back and move it spline by spline until it finally fits inside? I'm an excellent mechanic and can fix literally anything but this stupid axle is giving me some serious grief. The splines on the old axle are in good shape and the input hole for lack of a better word is in good shape no grinded up teeth or anything. Please get back to me asap I need to get this car in my garage tonight. Thanks again!

2002 infiniti g20 touring edition, 5 speed manual tranny.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Welcome to NICO Club!

The splines are keyed right? Gotta line up that fat groove with the fat spline. Hmm, looking at FSM, there seems to be a tool that is used. Got one? Well, check the FSM for instruction. Axles chapter. I see a tool and mention of lining up serrations on page 12. Here's a link:
http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... 002_G20/ax

It's been a couple days since you posted. Did you manage to push your car into the garage or something?

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”