Desperate Need help

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
creston21
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 x

Have a brand new 2009 G 37 x & plan on taking a trip NY to Chicago for 2 months including part of the winter there. So today brought the car into a "Hand Wash" for a wash and wax. I watched them as they hand washed and hand waxed the car. they did not use any machines. When I got home the car was sitting in the driveway in the sun and I noticed very thin lines in the paint, something like swirl lines, but not the heavy circles like I usually see on some cars. No matter where I looked on the car they are visable. Some are short some long lines. I never saw them before, maybe I never looked at the car in the sun so closely before. I called the Infiniti dealer and the service department just closed. Now I was ready to blow my cork. I went back to to the car wash & the manager and someone else looked at it and they told me that they did not cause the lines. They said that is the way acrylic paint looks in the sun. Sounded like a bunch of bull to me. If there is one single thing that I hate on a car is paint swirls.

Can anyone tell me if these lines are normal or did these jerks screwed up my car? Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks
Modified by creston21 at 6:29 AM 11/8/2009

PrinzII

Creston,

It isn't the end of the world. The first question is how bad the swirls are. If they aren't too bad, you will not need too aggressive a polish to get them out.

As for a winter in Chicago, I DEFINITELY recommend you getting some type of protective sealant. You will need it because of the copious amounts of salt that IL DOT and Chicago's Streets and San likes to use.

If you want more info, PM or Email me and I'll be glad to help.

Return to “Detailing Forum”