Desperate Help Needed: Car Limp Mode After Hazard, Battery, ABS, VDC off and Slip Flickering.

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Emkwan

Hi forum!

My first post. Desperately need help. I've searched to no end on the forums but still perplexed. Let me give some background. I'm based in the UAE and have a used FX 35 2008. I purchased this 2 years ago and prior to purchasing original owner explained the dashboard had stopped functioning. Speedometer stuck at 60 kmh. Revs a little random. No driving issues experienced. I purchased this as it had a full service history from the dealer in Abu Dhabi.

Fast forward 8 months ago and the car every morning without fail after driving at some speed would have the battery and hazard light flicker upon breaking. It would flicker at random. On rarer occasions which have increasingly become more regular, the abs, vdc and slip lights would flicker at the same time rendering the car in limp mode which have scared the life out of me driving here in the Mid East with this.

I've taken this twice to dealer and run it through the errors. Mechanics can't find a clear reason and have mentioned this may be caused due to some suspension issues. They're not willing to do the work and guarantee it will fix the issue and I've expressed my concern it may become a black hole.

My biggest concern is that there is A problem but don't have the confidence in the dealer to actually know what's going on.

Any advice?

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”