dent and paint transfer help - more examples of others ruining our Rogues

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ahhbeebee
Car: '08 Rogue SL FWD - Pearl White

Not much of a story, just another example of random jerks ruining our Rogues .

I have a pair of dents and some green paint transferred onto the passenger side door. The scratches are certainly into the clear coat, but I'm not sure they are into the white paint. I want to clean the paint transfer off first to assess if I want to get the dents fixed.

What do you think the best way for a DIY fix? If the paint is in the clear coat, would a clay bar or something like Meguiar's Scratch X work? Is it worth checking with the insurance company? I have no idea what it would cost a professional to do the repair.

Jimothy12
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

I have had great success using GS-27 to remove other paint. Apply with a terri cloth, remove, then wax.

http://www.gs-27.com/s.nl;jses...=-224

Also check ebay

philipa_240sx

A clay bar lubricated with detailing spray is my favorite. Be careful though as the clay bar is mildly abrasive and can remove the clear coat and paint if used agressively.

ahhbeebee
Car: '08 Rogue SL FWD - Pearl White

thanks all, clay bar it is . i'll start with the gentle products and move up.

anyone had luck with DIY dent repair?

Direwolf
Car: Nissan Rogue

About a week ago, the ONE time I parked close the store I was heading to since it was late and I was tired, some moron scratched something against my passenger doorhandle and about 2 inches after it. So theres a long scratch going the length of the handle and 2 inches after it. Havent touched it yet...

Return to “Rogue Forum”