DENSO - Iridium Power Spark Plugs

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

What do you guys think about these?

pancito
Car: CARS!!!

Overkill if you have a stock or BPU Car.

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

You car has nothing special stick to the stock plugs.

ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

What upgrades require aftermarket plugs? I am getting my intake system put in this week and next week will be ordering my exhaust and headers, is this not sufficient to require new plugs? If not, what is the next step after IEH? Cams? Remember, I'm talking strictly power gains not suspension yet. Thanks

pancito
Car: CARS!!!

ahh more detailed information, more detailed answer.

Still NGK plugs work just fine, i know of people under boost and still with the NGK Brand only one range colder.

correct me if i'm wrong (after all i'm not omnipotent)

Iridium and/or platinum (and i don't know what else) only helps the longivity of the plug, not so much the performance part of it. and unless you have any type of upgraded ignition system, there is no use for "aftermarket plugs"

i think GAP of the sparkplug plays a more active role also good working sparkplug wires, and the rest of the ignition system, if everything is in OEM required specs you should be fine.

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

ash1y1 wrote:What upgrades require aftermarket plugs? I am getting my intake system put in this week and next week will be ordering my exhaust and headers, is this not sufficient to require new plugs? If not, what is the next step after IEH? Cams? Remember, I'm talking strictly power gains not suspension yet. Thanks

I run a Redtop SR20DET on the stock plugs (recomended by the FSM), unless your going for forced induction, you dont need special plugs, they wont help performance. Its more important how you use the plugs than which ones you use unless your putting out alot of HP, once you go above 220-250 hp then maybe you might need better plugs but for now stock will do just fine.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”