Delayed AC/heat

All things Altima Coupe.
xman410
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE 6-spd MT

Hey guys,
I am new to this form..hell actually any forms. I have a 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 6spd MT with about 97000 miles. In this cold weather of Eastern US my toes freeze to death because the damn heat wont turn on. I read an article with same issues as my car on this form but it was under Infiniti..this guy has a 2007 G35s with same issue.
I turn on the car wait for a few minutes then turn on the fan and set the temperature to 70 or any thing for that matter..nothing comes out of the vents. I wait and wait and some times it randomly turns on and some times it does not. I have checked all the fuses everything is fine. I tried to find the relay behind the fuse box under driver side i could not find it.
Does anyone here know of this issue or anyone here who can help me out?

Thank You.

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Are you saying your heater will not operate when the temperature is extremely cold, but will operate after a few/several minutes? If this is what you're saying, the issue may be due to design. However, if the heater never turns on there's definitely a problem with your heating system. My Infiniti did the same thing if the temperature dropped to 30 degrees or less. I haven't experienced this issue with my Altima, as I have an auto starter. :)

xman410

Seldomseen,
Thank you for your response. yes and no. in the summer it will do the same thing with AC..and now with the heat. I turn the car on..turn the fan knob and set the temperature and I wait..sometimes it works right away some times it takes time and some times it does not work at all. However a few times if I turn the car off and then turn it on it works..and some times it works for a few seconds and stops after that. I have checked all the fuses and they are fine. I mean regardless the outside temperature the blower does not blow any air..but when it does it heats and cools just fine.I am so lost I have no idea.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Highly doubt it's fuses - if a fuse is bad it wouldn't randomly start working again.

Your problem is curious. I'm wondering if the HVAC switch panel has something loose inside that would cause intermittent operation. How good are you with electrical troubleshooting? Used a multimeter before?

xman410

RicerX,
Thank you for the response. I am not that familiar with electronic systems but a friend of mine a grease monkey and he is familiar with it more than i am. He also is very confused about the issue. I have used the volt meter before, but that's all what i can do. Here is the thing i noticed this morning. I had to start my car three times before the blower started blowing. I don't know that helps anyone understand the issue. I was thinking about the ac/radio panel out and check for any loose wires but what happened today makes me think that might not be the case. I have also read a few articles about the Nissan climate control and how the sensors inside the car sense the temperature and that might cause the delay in blower motor kicking in.

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Based on what you're describing, it doesn't sound as though the problem is a result of system design. You might want to consider pulling the trigger and having a reputable Nissan dealership address the problem. Particularly, since you live in the northeast. :yesnod The issue may be related the heater core, etc, but I'm not certain.

xman410

Just a quick update...i noticed if i keep the thermostat temperature to 63 it works just fine..i would test it once it gets cold here again but so far it is working fine if i set it to 63...fingers crossed!!!

SanoSuKe

That's really odd lol. But glad you got it working.. for now.

xman410

Lol I know right...once I let it run on 63 for a few minutes then I can change it to any temperature I want..smdh

Eaze6spd
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE 6MT

Hey guys, I have a 08 Altima coupe 3.5se 6mt and I am having the same issue. My heat and a/c works randomly or does not work at all. Did you ever get this issue resolved?

allsmiles
Car: 2007 g35x

i have a G35x 2007 and it does the same thing but after 15 minutes it works as it should. i suspect there is a thermal switch somewhere in the heater core that is faulty or the heater core is not getting hot coolant to it right away. the coolant heats normally on the gauge, so the motor side of the cooling system is fine. Hot air does eventually come out of the blower when it kicks in. not sure if there is even a thermal switch or where it might be located. very weird. I also have a weird radio problem where if the motor is turned off then restarted within a certain time frame the radio will not work and the radio presets are blank. it is worse in the hot weather, infrequent occurrence in the cold. let it sit another 15 and it work properly.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”