Defogger sounds like it's coming on randomly while driving?

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
NoTalentLoser

In my 2012 M37x, it sounds like the front defogger comes on and blows air at random times when I'm driving, even though all climate control functions are off. Sometimes, it seems like it happens as I'm braking to a stop. But what's weird is that when I reach my hand over the defogger vents, I usually can't feel any air blowing... so maybe it's not the defogger, but something else that's making a similar "blowing air" noise? It almost sounds like wind noise, except obviously, it couldn't be wind noise if it sometimes happens when I'm coming to (or already at) a stop and it's not a windy day. Does anyone know what this is? Thanks...

mazz
Car: 2013 M37x Advance, Tech Touring and Premium, Black with Stone Interior

I think its the compressor cycling I hear it as well but assume it the climate control or the fresh air hooyah

wideopn11
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x Moonlight White

Takeda CAI
Stillen exhaust w/ MeganRacing Y-pipe
SCALE coilovers 16K/10K F/R
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

Forest air? You have the tech package?

SmoovC
Car: '06 M45 Premium, Brakemotive, H-Techs, KYB's, USA-Spec PA15-INFI w/ BT streaming, Kuda cell mount, Magnaflow exhaust. (CAR SOLD)

Current: 2012 M56S, Harbour Blue, 4 pc Aero Kit

That would be my guess; what the OP is describing sounds like the Forest air. I can't remember if it works with the climate control off though, as I am always in auto mode.

NoTalentLoser

Yep, my car has the Forest Air feature as part of the Deluxe Touring package; I don't have the tech package, though. I hear the noise even when all climate control functions are off, although like another poster said, I'm not sure if the automatic defogger function of Forest Air is still programmed to function, even with all climate features off.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”