[NorCal 240SX] - December 27 meet

Including HI and CA
danio

*** NEXT MEET ***

December 27 (Friday)

PART I - CANCELLEDUnpredictable weather.

PART II - 6:00 PM

Milpitas Golfland1199 Jacklin RoadMilpitas, CA 95035

driftaholic
Car: reading nico

i'm gonna be out of the area. what are you planning on doing at the meet? gonna have more? i'll be back after new year's.

danio

Mainly the same thing as the other meets. Meet people, share stories, exchange advice, look at cars, etc. Since we'll be meeting at Golfland, I'm sure a lot of people will be playing arcades. Heh... Maybe some'll even play miniature golf. =P

Some of us will meet first at Tapioca Express (1710 N Milpitas Blvd) at 5:30 PM. Then we'll caravan to Golfland.

Chaotic1

woohoo! a NorCal meet! i'm gonna try my best to make it (coming from Davis). do you have any idea of how many people are planning to come?

danio

No idea how many people will come. The previous two fall meets were both on Sundays during daytime, and had about 40 people each. This meet will be on a Friday evening, in cold weather, and between two holidays, so it's kind of hard to guess how many will show up.

AE86s are also having a meet at Golfland at the same time. Also, Golfland is having an Initial D arcade tournament at 6:30 so it might be fun to watch (or participate if you'd like :P).

To be honest I've seen some people get bored at previous meets. The meet is only worthwhile if you have fun, so it's a good idea to either meet people and make friends at the meet, or bring along a friend to check out others' cars with.

Nissanlvr
Car: CARS!

Are Sentra owner's allowed to come?

Someday I would really like to own a '98 240SX :ylsuper

Nissanlvr

<------ Not! (Driving Mom's Car)

danio

Nissanlvr wrote:Are Sentra owner's allowed to come?

Someday I would really like to own a '98 240SX :ylsuper

Sure, why not. :P

I'll sell you my 98 240SX for $14000. ^o^

Nissanlvr

Great!I would like to buy a 240SX right now but currently I am unemployed. :mad:

Hopefully the weather next weekend will be better.Let me know what time you plan on having this meet.

And thanks again for the invite! :beerchug

danio

Nissanlvr wrote:Let me know what time you plan on having this meet.

6:00 PM at Golfland, like stated in the first post. Some of us will meet first at 5:30 PM at Tapioca Express.

Chaotic1

just a reminder, the meet's today. *bump*

that180guy
Car: cars&girls...cut the last part out

fa sho, *bump*

Chaotic1

how many people actually went to the NorCal meet? i came, but got lost and was 40 minutes late... there were a few people there, but we kept getting kicked out of the parking lot. the event wasn't too organized. people from NICO, 240SX Forums, Zilvia, and fresh alloy were there. it wasn't too easy to meet people and chit chat either.

we need more organized events. name tags would be good, and preferably in a public place where we can't get booted.

HachiRoku

milpitas is just one of the places we should already avoid because it's been used so frequently that we get lots of trouble with maintaining an organizable event. though i don't know of where else to hold meets because i don't go around looking for such places, maybe someone can post some locations. if we don't frequent a location, i don't think it will become a problem since cops/locals might not try to break it up if it doesn't happen so often that it becomes a nuisance.

maybe meets shouldn't occur as often...perhaps seasonally and we'll just do bbq or some kinda get-together to keep people interested in what's going on at the present state. standing around to look at each other's cars really gets old fast.

Chaotic1

my friend's involved with the MR2 community and they're quite organized. he mentioned a place somewhere in a park near a lake front that the MR2 community often uses. being that it's a public park, we wouldn't have problems with getting kicked out, and being that it's near a lake front, it's a great place for photo ops. i'll have to ask him about it again. in any event, places like that is what we ought to look for.

the other problem is that we have too many people from too many different boards (NICO, 240SX, Zilvia, Freshalloy, etc...)... i think the NorCal 240 community should focus on increasing membership to the NorCal 240 mailing list to increase community involvement. the MR2 community has a single point of discussion, their MR2 mailing list.

it'd be really awesome if we could have a community on the scale of SoCal 240 Club.

Return to “California Region”