debbuging after lots of work done ,help??

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
jaimster
Car: 1995 j30

hey everybody , I just got done doing lots of work to my 95 j30
t-belt, cam seals, rebuilt injectors , gaskets, new oil pan gasket , had to moved all vacuum hoses and wire harness out of way to remove intake manifold . now I got it all back . these are the issues .

car does start no problem when cold , however makes a real loud squeaking high rpm them settles to about 1100 rpm no more squeaking sound (I m think it comes from front of engine , tented to blame on power steering pump ?? ) after warm up car wont start or having to pump gas several times to get it started again :wtf2: .
when first get it started and rpm settles . engine does sound real good even when accelerate to higher rpm.

would appreciate any input .

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

Wow! Thats a ton of work, good job!

The squealing might be something as simple as a belt being too tight or loose. I might start there to determine if the accessory belts are the problem. If you're still hearing it after some adjustment, you might want to remove it (them?) one by one and leave them off to see if you're still getting the noise without the belts on their pullies. Don't worry, it will be okay to run the engine for a short moment of time to see if that might be your noise issue.

As for the hot start problem, it might be an issue with the rebuilt injectors, fuel pump, or fuel pressure regulator. Have you tried to add anything to the fuel, such as Seafoam, to see if there is a difference?

You may also want to read into the Factory Service Manual link in my signature to find the manual for your vehicle to trouble shoot it.
Post back with your results and we'll keep helping you out!

jaimster

I did loosing up the compressor belt , water pump some too , I m going get power steering pump or may just take all them off just to see if there's a difference . as far the injectors go . should mention I m using same oem injectors its just that had them professionally service all seals replaced filters cleaned ant all tested have the paper work for them . from Mrinjectors.com. I m keep on reading the service manual .
I also notice this afternoon , when I removed the black pipes assembly off the throttle bodies " front of engine black pipes assembly " when the engine was running the car would die and will not start at all worst that before
thanks for your sudgestions

fourdrinie
Car: 97 J30

mrinjector.us is the correct website....

you might want to try using a mechanic's stethoscope to isolate the sound....

it's usually a tensioner or pulley that squeaks....

jaimster

great idea . I do have a stethoscope , I will use it tomorrow ...
also do you mean the t-belt auto tensioner that maybe making loud squeaking noise?
or the accessories drive belts pulleys such as: idler pulley, crankshaft, water pump ,power steering ... tensioners bolts for these belts too??

fourdrinie
Car: 97 J30

I meant the accessory belt ones, but yes, could be timing belt tensioned and pulleys

J30tChumpCar
Car: 1995 J30t Totaled @ Charlotte motor speedway
1994 J30 gutted caged road racer Now with VH45DE!
1966 Chevy Corvair V8 mid-ship conversion

Tighten your alternator belt tighter then you would think is enough, problem solved. :naughty:

jaimster

hey guys. found issue with loud squealing noise. new t-belt on pulleys/rollers slide in too much towards the inside, rubbing against the metal t-belt covers , notice some black rubber dust , maybe i set it in too much towards the inside of rollers and pulleys . i m going to have to reset t-belt hopefully i can use same belt dont look too bad .
also start up issue the IACV air regulator wiring connection was loose , causing air regulator not work properly . i did adjusted all accessories belts too and pulleys .. :yesnod
anybody knows where i can new wiring connections plugs with clips for air regulator also for idle air control unit two plugs , like to replace those too

thanks a bunch guys.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”