dealership maddness!

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
terrormaschine
Car: 2003 Altima 2.5s

my 03 was having alot of problems.. and this last 2 times i took it to nissan they misdiagnosed my car twice!! i spent about $1700 thinking it was cam/crankshaft / MAF / intake... i just thought since they call them selves techs they know what they were talking about and werking on altimas all day it would be easy to spot the problem.. well i called them on it and took these problems to their supervisor .. before i took it back to nissan i took it to a mechanic that was close to my house and in 3hrs he came up with a crack in the manifold and a missfire in cylinder 1...i dont know how that happend but.. when i took it back to nissan i let them check it before telling them what was really wrong with the car.. they came up with the same stuff they have been trying to fix the past 2 times.. when getting the supervisor the tech the werked on my car and the mechanic i took it too on the phone to tell them what was wrong .. seeing the tech run out and checked that out and see him walk back its great to see a tech say that he's sorry for not catching the problem the first time.. then what i said is that you cant charge 80$ to plug something in and try and find a problem that way, then over charge for parts and labor with a smile .. so they knew they F't up and i knew i had money coming to me and knowing that my engine still was under warranty i got a NEW engine and im just waiting for my check in the mail ....

even tho i got grey hairs during all this it was worth seeing techs put in thier place.

F* the dealership!

Modified by terrormaschine at 2:25 PM 9/26/2006
Modified by terrormaschine at 2:27 PM 9/26/2006

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

My father had a problem with his Buick. They couldnt diagnose the problem in the transmission. They ended up working on it 4 times (I think the first two times were just bench diagnosis). When they found the problem, they ended up refunding him all his diagnosis fees and the labor charges.

terrormaschine
Car: 2003 Altima 2.5s

its a truly great feeling, and i hope more people get to experience it when dealing with dealerships.

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”