Dealer told me that Rogue has been sold in Japan for years. Is this true?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
bartturner

Reliability is very important to me. My life is too complicated already so I can't deal with cars that breakdown. One thing that has me somewhat hesitant on purchasing the Rogue is historic data on reliability. If the same basic car has been sold in Japan for some years and I can see the relabiility data that would make me feel better.

Is there any truth to this car is only new in the states and been sold previously in Japan?

I do feel somewhat better about the reliability because there are so few posts in this forum about problems with the car. Even though it has only been out a short time it seems cars that have reliability problems have them right away.

We were very interested in the Mazda CX-7 but in that forum there is zillions of posts of serious issues with the car.

jaywhiz21
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Gotham Gray SL AWD

From Wikipedia:

"The counterpart of the Rogue, called the Qashqai, was introduced in Europe in early 2007 and as the Dualis in Japan and the CCUV in China. The Qashqai is also built off the Sentra platform used by the Rogue. It is important to note that the two vehicles are only distantly mechanically related and are not, as has been misreported in the press, merely restyled versions of the same vehicle."

-Jimmy

Return to “Rogue Forum”