Dealer scratched/chipped my car

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
iizo

Yeah - good times.

I bought my used G35 about 2 weeks ago fully loaded except for the aero kit. About 3 days ago I noted that I had a shimmy shake w/ the front wheels. Took it in, and they said that my alignment was bad and now my tires were as well - no problem we aligned your car and gave you brand new tires.

I am (like I think most of you are) pretty meticulous about my cars. I knew every scratch and ding on this car and there were all of 2 total. That is until I picked up my car from the dealer.

It now has about 10 scratches and 1 or 2 new dings on the car all along the right side and on the right rear quarter panel and both doors. The scratches being the ones that you can see the paint under the clear coat (or at least so I think - it is a darker color).

The dealer has said that they will take care of me on this. They believe they can buff most of it out.

My questions to the group:

The car is Desert Platinum.

1) The paint is factory perfect - hasn't been touched with a buffer, or at least as near as I can tell - no swirl marks. Should I be concerned (as I am) that they are going to "buff it out"? Are there any problems to this (ie permanent swirl marks, reduction in clear coat, etc)? If the paint is scratched so that I see this darker paint underneath is there a chance in hell it can be buffed or polished out permanently, or will it go away as soon as I wax the car?2) Repainting the doors was mentioned (by the dealer) but he said he would rather buff it first and see what we think and go from there because he thinks that we would be unhappy with the paint (and I suspect he is right).3) Should I just grit my teeth and bare it? I touched up some nicks on my old Eclipse and I ended up wishing I had never done it. I am afraid that it might be the case if I go w/ one of the above options.

Any opinions? I'd love to have them because I am about as upset as the guy who had his car keyed.

Many thanks to everyone in advance for their help and opinions.

David

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

1) Let them give it shot w/ a buffer.Nothing wrong with that, its done like that all the time2)If you arent satisfied with the buff job, take the repaint, it costs the dealer real $$, so he isn't eager to do it but clearly this a good dealer if he wants to make it right this badly.3) Looks like they took care of you with the tires, the car was bought used and they gave you new ones for the problem so I'd say its not like they have a problem outfit.

Bear with it, it seems the dealer has the resources and will to fix it

Fred..:)

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I think Fred hit the nail on the head. Welcome to NICO.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”