dealer headaches

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
Swamplady

Ok, I posted that I bought a new Graphite Blue SL on Monday. Well, here it is Friday and no car. All of a sudden the dearlership is asking us if we would be interested in Sapphire Black with all the same options. We aren't in a rush for a vehicle, so I asked them to send me the sticker or something so I can see that the options and price are the same. That was Wed. Still nothing. Went down there last night - GM isn't here and he's the only one that can get us the info. THe agent doesn't seem to know enough about the car to help, ddn't even realize that the SL has options! We wanted the rear spoiler but not the sport package - bet its the sport package. Wouldn't mind if its the same money. Was supposed to here from them when they opened this morning at 9. Called once, GM not in. Its now after 11. Don't have a good feeling about this. Going down there again to see what's going on.

Swamplady

Great News - I think :) I am still getting a Juke SL, but the GM of the dealership found it in the original color that I wanted, with the options that I wanted and it will be at invoice! The agent was the problem - he didn't know enough about the juke to give us astraight answer, nor was he talking to the GM to get us the answers, though he indicated he was. So, big sigh of relief. Now to wait for delivery - should be by the 18th of January.

THanks for letting vent, even though it ended up being for nothing!

Abear
Car: Juke SV / 09 EX35 Journey / 04 350z Roadster

I don't want to make you worry, however, I was told my Juke would be at the dealership by 12/17, I am still waiting. It is not a special order or anything like that. It is an SV that they had on a shipment headed their way and yet it is still MIA. I will give them another two weeks and then I will move on. I'm beginning to loose interest in both the Juke and dealing with Nissan. I would be fine if the dealer would be up front with me and explain why/where the vehicle is. I have the feeling they are just stringing me along until they get a vehicle similar to the one I put a down payment on shows up. The problem is that they did give me the vehicle VIN so I will know if they did a switch. However, I'm sure they are thinking that by then I won't care. I'm not sure I even care now if the car shows up. I just want a straight answer.

GRey1
Car: 2015 Gun Metallic SL AWD w/Tech
2011 Chrome Nissan Juke SV CVT-AWD

I am hearing more and more cases of of dealers using bait & switch tactics on the SLs. Looks like demand is very high on that model and dealers are telling people that they have them and then trying to sell them on the S or SV. Even when they have one in stock, they are actually trying to get customers to buy the S or SV, because the SLs are in greater demand. If you should decide to take the lower model, then make certain you are getting a REAL DEAL. I wanted an SV, but still got a deal on it. Good luck guys.

Swamplady

I heard from the dealer today. Can't get the second vehicle and now he has a third. Supposed to get more info tomorrow. I said to him, why don't you just order what I want, and he said he doesn't think that Nissan is taking orders, and that he had to talk to his rep. AAArrrgh!

Abear
Car: Juke SV / 09 EX35 Journey / 04 350z Roadster

Don't give up hope. My JUKE finally arrived. It was missing the floor mats that were part of the original price. Of course the dealer took that amount off the final price and ordered me floor mats for free. I guess the dealer felt a bit bad about making me wait past the original ETA of 11/17. I now have my JUKE sitting in my garage. Very please with how the completion of the purchase went. If anyone is looking for a Nissan and find themselves in the capital area of NY they should check out Lia Nissan on Central avenue. The JUKE is well worth the wait.

GRey1
Car: 2015 Gun Metallic SL AWD w/Tech
2011 Chrome Nissan Juke SV CVT-AWD

Tell them not to call you again until they have the car THERE! It is poor business practice to keep you going like this.

Swamplady wrote:I heard from the dealer today. Can't get the second vehicle and now he has a third. Supposed to get more info tomorrow. I said to him, why don't you just order what I want, and he said he doesn't think that Nissan is taking orders, and that he had to talk to his rep. AAArrrgh!

nissangirl74
Car: 2014 Xterra Pro4X, '12 Titan 4x4, '98 240sx, '89 Pao, '77 620, '72 240Z w/RB25, '68 510, '67 WRL411, '67.5 SPL 311, '63 Bluebird, '63 NL320

Swamplady wrote:I heard from the dealer today. Can't get the second vehicle and now he has a third. Supposed to get more info tomorrow. I said to him, why don't you just order what I want, and he said he doesn't think that Nissan is taking orders, and that he had to talk to his rep. AAArrrgh!
Did you pay the dealer a down payment? If not, you might want to look for another Nissan dealer. If you did, requesting it back might get you some faster results. Many times, the problems you have with a dealership are just that. It's often not a problem with Nissan corporate. Shop around. If you find a dealer who treats you well and has the car you want, you know where the REAL problem is. Good luck to you, keep us posted. :)

eurekared

Hi there!

I totally agree with what what said about dealers trying to sell the S and SV when you want an SL.
I live in Cincinnati, and so far the SLs are pretty few and far between--one dealer was ready to sell me an SV and add leather/heated seats for free...it sounded awesome until I asked if the leather would be aftermarket--yeah, no deal.
So, I sit and wait--dreaming of my Juke SL--and all the dealerships w/in a 50 mile radius are more than willing to find me an SL after I purchase it...I'm not going to buy a car without seeing it/driving it first. sigh.
Hopefully the SLs will be more readily available in the Spring?

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”