Dead Battery Cause?

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
reiher

Hi,

I've had a 2004 G35 Sedan since Memorial Day. Twice over the past 5 days, the car wouldn't start. Took two tries on Sunday. Today, couldn't get the car to start. It was towed to the local Infiniti dealer who is checking it over. They put me in a loaner and will keep the car for a few days.

Any ideas what could be causing a new battery to drain? After the first incident, I was very careful to make sure no doors were ajar, lights left on (even though I believe there is a battery guard switch).

So far the service experience has been excellent. It is frustrating because I moved from an older Saab that was stranding me every few months. Now, in three weeks, I've been stranded twice!

Thanks for any insight,

ReiherCentral Massachusetts, USA

Checkered-Member
Car: 1998 Nissan Altima(modded), 2003 Audi A6 2.7T(stock)

bad alternator or bad relay

These two things are the most common reasons for battery failure

reiher

An update.

I had a loaner for 2 days (a G35 AWD model) while they ran multiple tests. They put in a new battery and ran more load tests. That seems to have fixed the problem.

The dealer, from whom I did not purchase the vehicle, treated me well and worked to keep me happy.

After sitting the garage while we were away for 4 days, it started right up this morning.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Regards,

Reiher

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Thanks for letting us know the outcome! Too often, we do not find out what happened to a given problem (to learn from).

Z

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”