Daytime Running lights

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
mmbedman

Does anybody have an idea of the cost to add DRL's to the Rogue and whats involved.

My local mechanic has indicated it could be as little as an hour labour ($100)or could invole some sort of "kit".

Thanks in advance.

Msdarkdiva
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Silver Ice

What model Rogue do you have? I have and SL with the premium package and the installer made the fog lights into the DRLs (apparently it's easier that way). Had them installed in the States and it cost me $80 bucks and change!

flybooey

I plan on doing it this summer/fall prior to moving back to canada. I called a dealer in Calgary and two in lower ontario, each gave a different price ranging from 600 to 200 bucks. Do you know if the SL fogs will be considered sufficient for DRL's as they are not the "main" headlights being set as the DRL's?????Also.....mine has the Xenon headlights, can they be set to work as DRL's?

Dave

Sorry to highjack your post

Msdarkdiva
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Silver Ice

The fogs will be sufficient as the DRLs in Canada (I passed the inspection here with no problems. Basically, they didn't care what I had as the daytimes, as long as I had them!).

If I remember correctly, the installer told me that it was better to use the fogs as the DRLs, because the Xenons would burn out faster than their rated life.

sckeith
Car: 2017 Versa Note SL, Red

I have a Canadian SL AWD which has the DRL and I believe that it is a separate lamp from the headlight and is not the fog lamp. It was brought to my attention from the dealer who said the DRL wouldn't burn out the headlights prematurely because it was a different lamp. I just checked and they appear to use the highbeam lamp as the DRL . I'm not sure if it's a separate filiment or just lower voltage but if that goes you'll have to replace the highbeam lamp
Modified by sckeith at 6:40 AM 2/24/2008

flybooey

I think you are correct, my xenons are the low beam and the highs are regular bulbs (I believe anyway )I suppose they would have to be at a different power level otherwise you would be blinding everyone.

mmbedman

In Calgary $235, at autotemp. I believe my fog lights are the DRL's. I have the Xenon lights. The vehicle has passed the RIV...received my sticker.

Return to “Rogue Forum”