Daytime Running Lights for M35x?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
BarryR

Considering a US market M35x for import to Canada, where we are required to have daytime running lights on the car. What's involved to add this to a US-spec 2006 M35x? Is there any kind of a "hack" that for example leaves the fogs on when the car is running, etc?

Also, does the speedo on a US-spec car also show metric (km/hr) on the dial?

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

yes it shows km/h. And yes it will hit 250 km/h at stock

digiboy
Car: Infiniti M35x

I would love to know how to do this too. Illinois law states that your lights must be on if you windshield wipers are on - of course the autosensing wipers will kick on without your lights going on and the autosensing lights don't kick on.

BarryR

A bit ghetto, but I wonder - since the car has autosensing headlights, if just covering the daylight sensor to trick the system into thinking it's dark outside would do the trick for accomplishing daytime runners....ideally it's supposed to be the highbeams at half power, or the parking lights/fog lights on, but I do know they allow full-time lowbeams to pass for DRLs on the import inspection.....

infinitiandbeyond
Car: 2007 M35x

Since reading your post last night I've spent a lot of time trying to find something I saw a couple of months ago that I did not bookmark. It is similar to what is on this site...

http://www.automotiveelectroni....html

Essentially the ones on this site trigger your standard headlights to come on at 75% in the day time.

I saw another out there with the same concept but taking your high beams and triggering them on at 50% power. I'll keep looking for it.

I would personally like to have something like this as well.

infinitiandbeyond
Car: 2007 M35x

Not sure if this is the one but another nonetheless that uses high beams at 50%...

http://www.soundoffsignal.com/...C.htm

BarryR

Good stuff thanks. I am tempted to call the Infiniti dealer here and see if they know what if anything can be done to retrofit the Canadian-spec OEM DRL setup. I can't imagine it will be cheap though!

RAMALONE
Car: INFINITI M35 ( 2009 )

Barry R...did you ever find a solution to this problem and if so do you mind sharing it. Thanks.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”