Day Time Running Lights

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
BOBBY

my insurance compay said that if i convert my g35 to drls i can save 10% on my insurance has anyone have or know how to do the conversation and is the car set up for it

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I don't know how to do the conversion, but you may have some luck posting in the Infiniti Online Mechanic section. Sorry I can't help anymore than that.

By the way, welcome aboard NICO. Post up some info about your car. Coupe or Sedan?

Forte
Car: Car, Motorcycles, Tuning

Not true.Who's your Agent I would like to know. I own an agency,and if someone is giving out that type of discount I would like to see that.

rydwhite

Welcome aboard Forte.

Stu Segal
Car: G35 Coupe, Silver, Aero / '06 C6 6.0L

I don't know if you have ever seen the discounts insurance companies allow for various pieces of safety and security equipment - but they are so paltry that I would be really skeptical. So skeptical in fact, that I would want it in writing before I spent time and money to convert.

And then of course there is how DRLs look and "feel" (you know, like a grandpop in a Caddy or a Buick). I like DRLs about as much as the ever-popular seatbelt interlock system of the 70s.

. . Stu

SoCalTed
Car: '03.5 G35 Sedan

I have heard this under "Safety" they give you discounts for not smoking, good grades for students, alarm systems and parking it in the garage.

On the other hand, if you have Xenons, it will wear them out faster, as well as if you run with your fogs and have upgraded those.

On/offs for the Xenons is also unhealthy for them. I have turned off the AUTO option for my headlights so they will turn on when I am stuck under an overpass or in a shady spot on the freeway.

Cheers, Ted

rydwhite

Question here, why did Infiniti make the first setting of the lighting knob, the auto lights, then go to parking lights and then have regualr lights. It makes no sense. Shouldn't the regular lights be first, then parking, then auto? Because if you want to turn your headlights on, you first have to turn on and off the auto lights, which isn't good for them. Oh well, just my thoughts.

SoCalTed
Car: '03.5 G35 Sedan

Ever read a Japanese magazine before? they read, as we view things, back over to front cover.

They just do things backward. Or, more accurately, since we are buying a Japanese vehicle, we do things backwards.

:)

Cheers, ted

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”