DAUNTLESS! i need your help with these two questions please!

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ESPER

well the 1st one i posted and no one could answer:

i want to get a momo steering wheel for my 95 240sx se but b4 i do i would like to know where i can find info on how to do it and if you could offer me tips because i have airbag + cruise control. how will these work on the steering wheel?

and.. my car doesnt come with LSD and i want one for race/ and especially drifting. would this be an ideal part?

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ebaymo...89312

thanks for all your help!! you are the man!!

JeromeS13
Car: 2008 Subaru Impreza STI

I'm not Daunttless, but I'll respond.

Steering wheel:http://www.zilvia.net/installs...p.asp

However, you will lose the airbag.

KAAZ LSDs are a good brand. Only problems will be installing it. You have to keep your actual rearend, only replacing the guts. If you are experienced in rearend work, you shouldn't have a problem. But it could be fun either way.

ESPER

thanks! glad to see that you are very knoledgable as well!! one thing though, could you elaborate on "keeping the rearend and guts" and if you could hook me up with instructions on how to install it i will try it myself!! thanks again jerome!

JeromeS13

I looked around the KAAZ website for an install guide, but couldn't find one (http://www.kaazusa.com).

Basically about the guts....What you see in that pic is what you get. You have to take the internals out of your current differential and install the KAAZ unit.

ESPER

which means since i dont have an LSD at all i cant use this part?

Anand

you can use this unit. This is a replacement for what you have in your rear end. The nit on ebay is the LSD 1.5 versoin so it is better than the VLSD. and it is for people who don't have one or people who want to upgrade theirs. The things you see there is what you switch with in your car.

JeromeS13

Your differential does not have to be an LSD. You can install that KAAZ unit into your current non-locking differential.

ESPER

and finally, this 1.5 lsd it it okay to work with a future sr20det swap? or whould i swap engines first and get another LSD?? thanks a bucn you guys for all your help!

I H8 UR DSM

The LSD will be the same no matter if you have ka or sr...

steering wheel, you can wire up your cruise control to work, your airbag would be unfunctional....which is also illegal in most states....cars that are origianally equipped with air bags, must maintain the air bags...if you care about something like that. I've been asked if my car came w/ bags before, but it didnt so i was ok.

jesse

I H8 UR DSM

oh, and w/ the lsd, basically you are just keeping the housing, and replacing the insides w/ the KAaz insides...not sure if it works w/ open diff, but people seem to say so...i thought the output shafts where differnt on lsd, and open diff cars, so they wouldnt work, but they say so, so im not sure....

MaineExport
Car: Quad racing, import cars and Trucks. Hunting, fishing whatever.

ESPER wrote:thanks! glad to see that you are very knoledgable as well!! one thing though, could you elaborate on "keeping the rearend and guts" and if you could hook me up with instructions on how to install it i will try it myself!! thanks again jerome!
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME...

The ad on ebay says it will work on both VLSD and open diffs for s13 and s14. It is not rocket science... but it is easier to swap the entire differential......than replace the internals. This seems like a very good product, but from the sounds of your post... you'd be FAR better off paying a professional to install it... make sure it's someone you trust! I belive this unit retains the factory ring-and-pinion gears.. and replaces the rest... tricky install to say the least. But hey.. they give you free gear oil..

ESPER

well elt's say i go to a junkyard and look for LSD. what do i ask the shop for specifically? and different houseing, etc. ? in other words if you were in my shoes and wanted LSD what would be your exact questions that you would ask the junkyard? and what if i just go look at 240sx in the lot how could i tell if there's an LSD for me to remove??

MaineExport
Car: Quad racing, import cars and Trucks. Hunting, fishing whatever.

I'd go to 240sx.org and lookup LSD on the FAQ... or search the archives here to learn how to determine if the car has VLSD or not. Then go to the junkyard with that knowledge in hand and ask if you can take a look at any 240's thay have on hand. The best way to know if it has VLSD is the vehicle ID code... start from there.

I H8 UR DSM

the best/ easiest way is to the look for the orange sticker on the pumpkin. the junk yard guys wont even know if its lsd or non lsd in 99% of the cases.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”