datsun nl320 parts needed

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
whosdatsun
Car: 1963 Datsun nl320

recently i picked up a 1963 datsun nl320 missing a few parts, hopefully worth restoring. not sure if the owner needed money and parted with some parts but im in need of a few things. missing fuel door, headlights, turn signal, inner door handles window handles, engine e1? i have complete rebuilt j13 (would the rear engine plate bolt to column shift 4 speed or would i need rear engine plate from e1), tail gate is decent but missing the hinges, most important are the tail light assembly. some parts i can locate on ebay. worked at a body shop for a couple years so paint and body wouldnt be so bad but locating them parts can be impossible. any help would be rewarded.

whosdatsun
Car: 1963 Datsun nl320

also any help of how to post pics

Li'l Truckie
Car: 3 x '65 PL 320
1 x '64 PL 320
1 x '63 PL 320
1 x '62 PL 320 - parts :(
1 x '60 PLG-222
and many more Datsuns from 48hp to over 500hp

Okay, do not want to unmotivate you but some of these parts will be a little hard to get -

missing fuel door - eBay, NL 320 enthusiast
headlights - any large headlight with bucket will work. MGA,B, Sprite, early Midget will work. Do not really need OE.
turn signal - housing was just recently on eBay if you have the round turn signals
inner door handles window handles- eBay
engine e1- will have to check you local craiglist or find parts 320 for sale. Do not know if I have seen an E1 on eBay for sale. I think one was for sale from Florida for $500, but shipping will be expensive.

i have complete rebuilt j13 (would the rear engine plate bolt to column shift 4
speed or would i need rear engine plate from e1)
- I have found that this depends on the J13 you have. If you have a flat J13 back plate with NO counter-sunk holes, then I think it should match. If have have the counter sunk holes - no this will not work. I priced having a back plate fabricated here locally in the KCKS/KCMO area and the price was ~$300 - ouch.
tail gate is decent but missing the hinges - NL 320 enthusiast, never seen on eBay
most important are the tail light assembly - yeah good luck, sorry. Tail light have occassionally been on eBay but never seen the complete assembly. Best be is a NL 320 enthusiast. A tail light assembly from a MGB will be somewhat close, but not an exact match and some fabrication/mount will be required.

Definitely sounds as if you purchased someones parts NL 320 as some of those hard to find parts have probably been kept or sold off by the previous owner(s). Best bet is to monitor NiCo and see if any NL320 enthusiast can help you out. They will be your most important link in sourcing some of these parts, especially those tail light assemblies.

Andy

Return to “Datsun 320”