Datsun 521 won´t start!

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
Folzok
Car: Datsun 521, 1969

A little over a month ago i bought a 1969 521, and i have had problems ever since. First the battery died, then the alternator, and the brake wheel cylinders. Fixed all that, then i changed the plugs and the plug wires yesterday, and it had never worked better! until i tried to drive my girlfriend to work when it then died (in traffic in a downhill, driving with a little choke) and won´t start. The engine turns over but makes no effort to start. Im thinking its the coil, the distributor or the carb. But where do i start? and as i live in Norway parts are impossible to come by and must be ordered from the U.S so i´m hoping this can be repaired in some way or else i need to know what other cars have the same parts (preferably a newer car hehe)

Thx for all of your time, hoping for some good descriptive answers

(may be worth mentioning that i am on a very tight budget this month, not really helping the problem when i actually need this car as an every day car)

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

so do you think its just not getting spark then? or is there possibility the fuel isn't flowing anymore ie: fuel pump etc.?

Return to “Datsun Chat”