Datsun 520 Pickup

1965-1971 Datsun 521 forums. All 520 and 521 topics and discussion can be found here.
agphysics

Hello I own a Datsun 1300 520 pickup. I need to replace the flywheel or al least the ring-gear for it. Does anyone know where to get the part. The motor is a J-13.

usmcdatsun

Yes,I do I have an extra one it will need to be resurfed but it is not missing any teeth.
If you still need one just reply and I will leave you my Ph# Thx Ken

agphysics

Hello, I am pretty greatful that I have a positive rely for the part (flywheel) and I thank you for this.

I would like to know the measurements of the outer diameter and the amount of teeth the ring-gear has?

Also are you in australia and where about, I am in Newcastle. If outside of Australia we will talk more on the shipment if the flywheel is a match

datsunexcells

agphysics, If you post the dimensions and number of teeth on your flywheel, it would probably be easier to determine if someone has one that would fit your truck.  Bolt hole sizes and bolt circle diameter would also be helpful. If you have a source for one, that's great, but the information would also be helpful for others that might need one. Some parts enjoyed universal use in some auto makers product lines, so the flywheel for your 320 truck may be the same as the one used in other models and model years. John

usmcdatsun

Yes I am outside of the land down under,I am in San Fansicio bayarea in Calif. U.S.
I will give you the part at no cost, you need to cover the shipping.If you want I can take to a local machine shop and have them look it over and see if there is anything wrong and let you know the condition,and If you want it to be resurfaced here so you can put strait on. This flywheel come out of a 66 p/u that my father owned.just let me know what you want and if you need any more parts ihave spare heater cores and alike parts Thx Ken

agphysics

I can get the flywheel refaced over here, however,  I might be able to get the same part from australia (my dad came across an old part) but still it mightn't match up as it is out of a J16.

So you say the flywhell with ring-gear is out of a 66 pick-up. Just to make sure is the part from a J13 engine.

I would like to know the dimentions of the ring-gear, i.e the inner and out diameter, also the width and the amount of teeth it has. I can then be sure it is the part and save any inconvenience.

How much do you think it will cost to post by air?

Thanks for reply

Adam

usmcdatsun

Sorry for the delay I had a family Emergency, I still have the fly wheel. Italked to UPS
and the said all they need is your address and weight of the item and they can tell what the cost to ship, and then you can pre-pay for a shipping leable over there and
send it to me I will put on the box and it will be on it way if you have a better way I can sure lisen to it Yes it is a fly wheel off a J13 engine they were all the same the best info i can find please let me know if you still need Thx Ken

Return to “Datsun 520 / 521”