Datsun 320 Interior -- For Reference

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
Li'l Truckie
Car: 3 x '65 PL 320
1 x '64 PL 320
1 x '63 PL 320
1 x '62 PL 320 - parts :(
1 x '60 PLG-222
and many more Datsuns from 48hp to over 500hp

Hey folks,

Looking to see if we can post some pictures of our original interior seat patter and colors. One day once we are past the mechanics and body work, we are going to want to update that hideous late '70 corduroy interior job or replace long worn out original interior. From the 1962 320 brochure picture we can make out 3 different patterns as such -
Green with white seat and back cap, a white with green seat and back cap in the cover photo (sort of guessing with this one) and then the green with white beach seat cap and a single 2 to 3 inch (again guessing on measurement) white stripe.

However, as long as I have been researching 320s online, I have never seen any of these patterns. Granted I have not seen very many '62 320 up for sale let alone one with an original interior - no matter the condition of the vinyl upholstery.

Austin Powers to three years to the '65 and this is the pattern of the upholstery (or at least what is left) from my late '65 (floor shift transmission, crinkle coat dash, round and enclosed turn signal grill, and the 520 style spare tire chain and bracket versus the A-frame type) -
Image.

For now I am tracking red and white, a pea green and canvas, and I think the AZhitman has a NL with brown and canvas like that found in the 312 Bluebird sedan. (Will post some colored sample upholstery/vinyl pics). This is pic is from a 312 that sold on eBay, but pretty sure this brown and canvas is the correct color combination (sorry not the best pic) -

So using the tattered remains of the '65's bench seat and by utilizing the same design dimensions and template here is my "modern day" interpretation of the factory bench seat -

For door panels, I'm tracking the same colors with a bottom pocket running the length of the door panel. Pocket is approximately 7 inches deep and a single snap approximately 8 inches from the front edge. [this is the pea green and canvas color].

Here is a door panel from the same late '65 as the bench seat -
Notice the addition of the three pressed lines running horizontally that the previous '62 to '64 do not have.

And here is new and improved style door panel for the '64 -

Need to do a little more research on roof liner, but tracking either a canvas or black vinyl with punched hole pattern (may not be the correct term) with a 1/4 foam backing.

That's about it for now. Will work on pic with measurements for those who are looking to update your interior with the OE factory look.

Again would greatly appreciate any original factory interior photos of your 320 for references.

Cheers
Li'l Truckie

Return to “Datsun 320”