dataloggin with 350z

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
vroomevo
Car: evolution

hello, is there any way i can datalog 350z? esp knock sums? thanks for the help.

vroomevo
Car: evolution

anyone??

REZAZ32

Yeah, you can datalog with Nissan's Consult II, but since you're obviously not a dealer, you can use Cipher diagnostics and scan tool which is about 400 bucks or so. I'm not sure about the knock count, but Cipher can do a whole lot of stuff as far as the datalogging goes.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

conzult work on the z33? or just swithc to a stand alone managment system that offers dataloging

REZAZ32

Well, Consult II works for all OBD-II Nissans. Conzult is primarily for z32, and I don't think they've made a conzult II yet. I could definitely be wrong though. Standalone's a great idea, but not everyone has that kind of money or the time to tune it properly. I think if I was just running a stock setup, I would just get the Cipher unit. That way it'll work on most of the other OBD-II stuff including your Z and anything else you do to it, aside from an ecu swap. It's also a whole lot cheaper than going standalone.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

Conzult works on any nissan that the consult works on, at least thats my understanding of it, I see no reason why the Z32 OBD@ system would significantly differn from any other Nissan OBD2

REZAZ32

Wait, did you mean Z33 OBD-II system? Because the Z32 was OBD-I. Probably just a typo. Anyway, yes, that's what I was saying. You can use Nissan's Consult II (OBD-II cars only) or you can get the Cipher unit (OBD-II cars only). There is a difference between Consult and Consult II. Conzult, as far as I know, has only been made for OBD-I and will not work with the Z33, only Z32, 240sx, and certain other models. Conzult will not work with all other models as far as I know, that's why they have Conzult-SX, because Conzult was made specifically for the Z32. That being said, it may work to some extent on other models, but it wont have the same functionality as on the Z32.

Anyway, long story short, Just get Cipher. It's about your best bet as far as datalogging goes right now. Anything else will cost you an arm and a leg and be way too complicated if datalogging is all you're trying to do.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”