Dashboard Rattle

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Alex_I
Car: 2016 Infiniti Q70 2.2d

Hello everyone! My name is Alex. I recently joined your forums after reading them for quite some time. I am from Germany and around 10 months ago I bought an Infiniti Q70 2.2d (a mercedes diesel engine).

The thing is, these engines are not very smooth to put it gently. Vibrations are quite obvious and I got a few rattles on the car because of it. The most annoying one I have it somewhere inside the dashboard. I'll try to attach a video.

I took it to the old Infiniti dealer here in Frankfurt but they didn't manage to fix it and they were unwilling to disassemble the interior to search for the cause.

Has any of you ever had this type of rattle on your cars? Do you think I should attempt to open the dashboard myself and search for it? I have to confess I tried to remove the cover under the radio player once but could not manage to take it off. Any tips on how to remove that bit?

And here's the video:
https://youtu.be/NTuUdRhVgCM

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Welcome!

I've had rattles in the rear deck and doors, but not deep in the dash. Only rattle I had near the dash was the center console, I just pushed on a few spots and it went away.

I'd be careful removing the dash as the Infiniti M's (at least 06-10) were known to have cracking dashboards...so be careful not to damage it!

EmersonHart13
Car: 2015 Q70L 3.7 AWD

My old m35h had the dash pulled by the dealer for hvac repairs, twice, under warranty. It was never quiet after both repairs and it was fine before... So tread lightly as you may make it worse.

Alex_I
Car: 2016 Infiniti Q70 2.2d

Thanks for the replies! Anyways, despite the warnings, this thing is annoying me too much so I'll risk it and try to find the issue myself. I have been trying once more to remove the panel under the radioplayer following this video https://youtu.be/BL6_6tMDQgs?t=108 but I still was not able to remove it. In fact one of plastic trim tools just broke in half. Has any of you ever had any experience with this? How much force should I apply? Should I get a screwdriver like the guy in the video?

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Flat heat screw driver with a microfiber towel wrapped around if it if you can...and yes this one is tough.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”