Dashboard Christmas lights

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
AntonWJ
Car: 2020 Nissan Rogue AWD

All,

Here's an interesting situation. I have a 2020 Nissan Rogue AWD. Driving from California to Nebraska went through a construction area in the highway filled of ridges, bumps and pot holes, needless to to say, car shook up (very bumpy) and the dashboard lighted up like a Christmas tree: ABS, Tire pressure Sensor, AWD disable, collision and side detection malfunction:

Important to note, temp outside in the 40s and the tire pressure sensor not working was the front passenger side. Car was still moving with no issues, there was just no cruise control, traction control or any the above mentioned functions.

After one day, the the front passenger side tire pressure sensor came back on, so now the ABS, traction control and AWD were working again. Second day after, the remaining functions reset themselves, and the car was back to normal.

Yesterday, I am in Nebraska now, temp in the low 30s and going over a rail road crossing about 35mph, road was bumpy, and same thing happened again! No awd or traction control in snow.

So,

1. Looking into getting a new pressure sensor for my front passenger side tire. Correct? or could something else be the culprit?

2. What should I do about the collision sensor, lane detector etc? I tried unplugging and plugging back in the Nissan logo sensor in the front of the car but didn't change anything. What could be loose?

Thank you,

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Just about everything in the ADAS system will shut down and throw codes from an MIA sensor. In this case, it's likely the ABS stopped broadcasting a vehicle speed signal, and all that other stuff lit up in response. However, you might have shaken something else loose and you really need to get the codes read to know for sure. Most parts store scanners can handle the ABS but you need something much more sophisticated to read the ADAS, Radar, and Lane Cam. Most high-end shop scanners can do that, so you're not necessarily stuck with a dealer visit, but you do probably need a high-end shop.

AntonWJ
Car: 2020 Nissan Rogue AWD

Thanks for the info. I sill change the the sensor and have a read out of the codes. Yep, trying to avoid the dealership.

Return to “Rogue Forum”