dash speaker grills

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
texasbikers
Car: 2007 3.5 Altima SE

Newbie here, I did read the FAQ and a bunch of other threads, I didn't see this question.2007 Altima, non Bose, how do those plastic grills come off the dash speakers and are there screws holding the speakers in?

Any tips on replacing these?

Have some awesome Bostons dieing to be installed.Thanks guys!Patrick

rjdmmfl1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe, Radiant Silver, 3.5SE, Premium Package, VDC

texasbikers wrote:Newbie here, I did read the FAQ and a bunch of other threads, I didn't see this question.2007 Altima, non Bose, how do those plastic grills come off the dash speakers and are there screws holding the speakers in?

Any tips on replacing these?

Have some awesome Bostons dieing to be installed.Thanks guys!Patrick
just slip a slim screw driver in between thesides and they pup out! Yes, scres are holding down the speakers in there... you'll see them when you pop out the covers!

AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

rjdmmfl1 wrote:
just slip a slim screw driver in between thesides and they pup out! Yes, scres are holding down the speakers in there... you'll see them when you pop out the covers!
I would recommend removing the A-pillar finishers before trying to get to the front left/right speaker grilles. They just pry off after you pull of the body side welt (the rubber-like seal around the door frame). The grilles can probably be removed without doing this, but it makes accessing so much easier (not to mention a bit easier to get to the screws which are a royal pain to remove).

Here is a picture of my aftermarket tweet sitting in dash. The two screws that were installed at that point are the factory screws. Notice how close to the windshield the two screws that aren't installed are. It is tricky to get to them, and may lead to a few strings of profanity (at least it did for me).

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”