Dash removal

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
jefferson240
Car: soccer, cars

I'm trying to switch out my gauges to the white ones, not the ones that have indigo lights that blind you while night driving. how do you get to them though, do you have to remove the dash to access them. Thanks -Jefferson240

MaineExport
Car: Quad racing, import cars and Trucks. Hunting, fishing whatever.

s14....

Remove 2 screws above gauge cluster, pull hard, but carefully. Best way is to wedge your fingers behind the plastic below the gauges, and in front of the "glass" covering the gauges and apply steady pressure until it pops out. There are clips holding it in place, but it will pop out. Then there a a total of 4 screws holding the gauges in place.. From there you should be able to see how it comes apart. I'm not sure how they come apart, as I've never done it to this car.

I H8 UR DSM

u might want to tell us if its an s13 or 14

jefferson240
Car: soccer, cars

Sorry about that, its for an S13, i tried it today, and it was a b****. after about an hour and a half of pulling on this damn plastic thing i got the dash out, but coudn't figure out how to take off, the damn needles to take the gauges out, and i ****ed up my temputure gauge in the process, know where i can get a replacment?

Silvia007
Car: 93 240sx SE Fastback

The easy non-forcefull way to get a dash out is drop your steering column. There are two mounts, one right under that height adjustable lever and one by your pedals. Take the one by your height adjuster off and for the one by your pedals, just unscrew the bolts far enough as to not take the bolts all the way out. Should make it lots easier to put the dash in and to take it out.

MikeS14240sx

I knew I saw one on ebay the other day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...79309

Its a little pricey but i think its new:)

Have you thought about just doing an aftermarket gauge.

tiki240
Car: my S13

removin my dash awas a beeatch half way through i quit and put it back together and found another way to get to my problem:rolleyes

Mike09

You might need to remove the steering wheel.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”