Dash posibilities

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
Jaybsc
Car: None in the market

Okay well i don't know if this is the right area to post this but... its frustrating..Okay I have been looking for custom dashes or just anything helpful to get away from the plain black fake leather... all I have seen is that bulls*** adhesive stuff and that looks like crap.. Iwas wondering if you guys had any sites or sources that have anything like that for sale...

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

Like what do you mean? Fiberglass? Yuck.

Jaybsc

not fiberglass really i think its over rated a little.but its a possibilitycarbon f.fiberglassstain steelswede[to rich for my blood]what else is practical?

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

Carbon fiber will be way too glossy and have a HORRIBLE glare. Unless it's the dry type, but still, it's going to be crazy expensive.

Fiberglass will be just as glossy and have as much glare as cf.

Stainless steel would be rediculous

Suede would be alright but you might have a problem later down the road with fading.

Fibre guy
Car: 91' s13 RB25DET, 95' s14 bone stock, 87' Wrangler 4.6L stroker

You could rip the fake vinyl off and fiberglass, yes I said fiberglass, over the old black foam underneath. From my experience it doesn't melt with polyester or vinyl ester. While doing this you can add expanding foam to reshape it any way you want (Add gauge pods, etc.). After you lay the chopped strand mat (2-5 layers) smooth it over with some evercoat lightweight body filler. After that choose the paint (flat, matte or glossy) or upholster any way you want. Sounds difficult but its really simple.For anyone who thinks fiberglass is bad doesn't know all about it . Fiberglass it's self is actually matte. Its the gel coat fiberglasers use in the mold that is glossy. Polyester gel coat (most commonly used) is meant to be sanded & painted on most applications due to its low UV resistance and brittle traits.CF is also a form of FRP (fiber reinforced plastic, just like fiberglass) but since it mainly uses epoxy resin, it becomes glossy.Believe me I know, just look at my name.

Jaybsc

hmmm yeah that is true =/

Jaybsc

damn i had no idea of that what so ever... no i feel stupid

Return to “Interiors”