Dash Lights are out!

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
mwolf1

I recently installed a new stereo in my '89 240sx, after i did this my dash lights would not come on. I have checked my fuses, and don't know what else to look for??? I'm thinking one of the wires(illumination) that I hooked up for my stereo should not have been hooked up, I don't know if I accidentally blew out the dash light?? The radio works fine and so do all of my other lights and accessories.I can't see my speedometer or other instruments when I'm driving at night now! Help!!

lessthanjakejohn

post here too: http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....id=23

mattlord42
Car: 1991 240SX Coupe

Okay i am guessing that you just spliced the wires directly from your deck to the car's harness. If so then you probably tested with a multimeter and found a red/blue wire that tested out as a ground and spliced your stereo's ground to that. This is what is causing your problems. Just run a whole new ground from stereo to somewhere else. I used a shifter bolt. Then replace your taillight fuse in the fusebox. Oh yeah, I am guessing that your taillights don't work but the brake lights do. Hope this helps.

Matt

mwolf1

I have already tried taking out the new stereo and wiring harness and plugged in my old stock stereo as if I never touched it and my dash lights still don't work. Something is blown somewhere???

mwolf1

My taillights work fine too...

scruf1986
Car: the car

Don't hook the illumination wire up. The HU will be at max brightness when this wire is not hooked up. If this doesn't solve your problem. Check the bults. If they are good us the test lamp and track down the problem along the wires that control the face light.

mwolf1

how do i check the bulbs? what do i need to do? I did hook up the illumination wire accidentally when I initially installed the stereo and i think it blew the bulbs but I don't know how to check them.... ???

scruf1986
Car: the car

its your cluster right. Well don't worry everything is really easy to take apart on this car. You have to get the dash slightly off and get the cluster out and look at the bulbs. Actually I think if you go to http://www.240sx.org click on frequently asked questions. Look for dash lights out. Then your all set to go. Have fun

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”