dante's inferno

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
anti_flag_army
Car: 91 Miata, 90 240sx coupe

I just wanted to throw out my thoughts on the game so far.

I have about 5 hours into this one and it is exactly like god of war, all the way down to the quick time events every time you want to finish off an enemy or fight a boss. It still is pretty fun though, and the hell setting is very interesting. And there are more boobs in it than a girls gone wild video! (though some not as appealing as others!)

The story is a bit lacking though, and the only reason i keep going through is to see all the different settings and bosses. It controls well, and there are a decent amount of power ups to "purchase" but a lot of the time you will stick to the trusty "x-x-x" combo, though the cross projectile weapon is my favorite so far.

If you are into god of war then this is a game that you will want to pick up for sure.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Dante's Divine Comedy is one of my favorite pieces of historical literature and also one of my favorite bases for religious/fantasty settings. Because of that, I've really been looking forward to playing this game. I haven't bought it yet, though, so it's good to hear some feedback.

I'm hoping the combat pacing is better than God of War, though. God of War never fails to piss me off with its "wait, no, you're actually not done fighting yet, here's ANOTHER ogre...and now here are two more!" endless repetitive waves of minibosses. It's something a lot of games get wrong, but God of War makes an art of it. It is NOT fun to fight through 8 waves of bad guys only to die on the 9th and then have to do the whole f***ing thing over again.

ProudNissanFreak
Car: 2005 Imaginary WRX STi, 2003 Civic

^ That's like the opposite experience for me lol. In GoW, I don't really care if I die in situations like that, it's just so much fun killing s*** in that game.

_b.jaye_
Car: '03 350Z

ive never felt as much hate as i have playing the challenge of the gods side missions in the first god of war. the only thing i could say even comes close in frustration was a time of 0.00 in ff10 chocobo races. i wanted to breath smoke.

ive only played the demo. seems like a good looking game. i really dig the cell-shaded type cut scenes. gameplay was fun enough to where id probably get into it.

the whole crusader-era vibe being pulled off well in 3d makes me really hope lord of the shadows doesnt suck.

krimsonviper
Car: 2010 MS3 -PAID
2010 Mazda 3i Touring -Totaled
2006 Mazda 3i Sport -Totaled
1989 S13 -Sold
1990 S13 -Sold

Back on topic:Good game, great graphics, and it's long. Story isn't the greatest in the world, and the achievements are easy to accomplish if you like to search around. There is a glitch though, so be careful. Definately wouldn't have paid full price for it though. Beat it 2 times, and you're bored.

Here's the glitch:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tCm_4b7_10

Return to “Gaming”