Dam it needs a rebuild

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
Nemesisr32
Car: R32 sedan

So finally tracked down what seemed to be a good early model jdm vh41, apparently had been run a year ago and was a spare unwanted low km motor. But after being delivered I dropped the sump plug to see if there was any oil in the sump. At first nothing came out but after a few seconds I notice a black goop slowly coming out and I mean slowly. I drained a Lil degreaser down the dip stick tube to help it out and afterms about a day and a bit I'd managed to get about 5 litres of goop out. I then cracked open one of the cam covers and the tops of all the cams have a decent coating of rust on them..... glad I hadn't tried to turn it over yet.
So I guess I need to open it up more to check bores and everything else which means time for a rebuild.
Just wondering best place to get a rebuild kit from in new Zealand. I haven't tried the local nissan place just wondering if there's a better or cheaper alternative. There's a few on ebay but for 97-01 vh41 and I don't know if there's a difference.

Nemesisr32
Car: R32 sedan

Can't figure out how to post pictures

budgetbeast
Car: 1995 240SX

Don't use ebay head gaskets!!!!!! Coming from personal experience, the rest of the gaskets are fine, I've had no issues. But the ebay head gaskets failed me after two days. I hadn't even had a chance to get on it it, and I had a trail of coolant running into the valley. I pulled both heads, and nissan oem hasn't let me down for two months and going

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”