Dad wants a G35

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
freq

Howdy.

I took my dad to the dealer the other day to look at the G35. Very nice car, cept for the price they're trying to get for it.

Forgive me for not knowing alot about these cars, but Is the G35 really enough of a "hot item" to get the sticker price on it? or is the salesman full of ish? any help on the general state of hype would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

greg_atlanta
Car: 2008 G35 Journey Sedan, silver/black (no sunroof), 1992 Q45 (in a past life)

It's only been on the market for a few months, and since it's a 2003 model, the "next batch" won't come out for another year (or longer).

But I've heard a few things will change soon, like all luxury leather models will get standard Xenon lights. So if a particular car has been sitting on the lot for a long time, dealer may be flexible.

But don't get too hung up on getting a discount... the car is pre-discounted in a sense, i.e. offers a lot more for the money than equivalent cars.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I'll have to agree with Greg on the pre-discount.

Compare the price of a G35 with that of a 2003 BMW 530i.

THe G35 has:

-Lots more power/performance-Same room on inside-better slalom-much better braking (no kidding here either)- and of course (drumroll) MUCH better quality..(there has never been any infiniti model on the market that didnt outperform any BMW in reliablity)- And about $8000 less than the competing model BMW w/ similiar equipment.:D

Fred...:)

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

there's not any long term reports in, but i'm guessing whatever price is on the sticker it's still the best buy out there right now. nissan is saving a fortune using the same motor in many of their vehicles. that also means that many vehicles will get the possibility of many upgrades :cool:

freq

Thanks for the replies.

My dad went out and bought a G35 yesterday off the lot. He ended up with that awesome silver/gray color, luxury package, winter package, black leather interior, xenon, probably some other ish i forgot.

His main comment about the g35's he drove with the "sport package" was that they rode too harsh. waaah hehe.

Except for the "wood" accents I think this is a really cool car. It has a decent amount of pickup, all the interior controls are understated and well organized, and the stock tires/wheels don't feel too mushy in the twisties.

-freq(2oo2 subaru impreza wrx, silver, mostly stock ;)

pitaq

you and your pop ought to find a nice country lane and race your WRX vs. his new G35. I'd be interested in the results.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Me too.

Fred...:)

PS: Have him join here too..

greg_atlanta
Car: 2008 G35 Journey Sedan, silver/black (no sunroof), 1992 Q45 (in a past life)

Good for Dad!

I test drove a sport model and the stiff suspension does make it feel top-heavy (compared to my Q45, at least). Felt good on smooth roads but pretty jarring on bumpy spots.

I've heard the wheels on the sport model are significantly heavier than the standard 17" wheels (though probably stronger too).

I generally hate wood in cars, but the wood package in the G35 is pretty tasteful (it is an option though, not standard on any models).

BIONICQ45

freq wrote:Thanks for the replies.

Except for the "wood" accents I think this is a really cool car. It has a decent amount of pickup, all the interior controls are understated and well organized, and the stock tires/wheels don't feel too mushy in the twisties.

-freq(2oo2 subaru impreza wrx, silver, mostly stock ;)
I was in the showroom for about an hour yesterday looking at the G35 and the I35. The G35 wood trim looked like it was added on at the local autozone. It was really thick and not centered well on the vents and center console, they could have done a much better job blending it in . I really liked the I35 interior though.

Return to “General Chat”