D21 suspension drop

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
Stank
Car: 1990 Nissan Hardbody d21 Pickup

Hey guys, I got a set of leaf springs for my 90 hb, that were only supposed to drop it 2 to 3 inches. They ended up dropping it almost 4 inches. now the bump stops are sitting directly on the axle leaving no room for suspension travel. I wanted it lower but still maintain decent ride. Am i supposed to use factory torque specs, is their a coil kit I can put in, it came with absolutely no instructions i assumed it was pretty cut and dry? I'm losing my mind can someone please help?

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

Who made the springs you purchased? Are they the right ones? Did they come with a shackle kit that was shorter than your stock shackles?

If they did come with shorter shackles see if you can re-install the longer factory shackles and re-gain some ride height.

Coils are a different suspension type and should not be used in conjunction with leafs that are allowing your vehicle to ride on the bump stops.

An overload air bag would be the better choice

Email me some pics and lets see if we can help you out....

wadecat7(AT)telus.com ....replace the (AT) with @. "I type my email this way on forums to redcuce spam bot activity."

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

If you have the wheel/fender and axle/frame clearance, you could cut off the bumpstops and have some lower profile ones made.

Stank
Car: 1990 Nissan Hardbody d21 Pickup

The leafs are from Airbagit.com and came with nothing. I used all the stock hardware, along with new u-bolts. With the bed off I have about an inch or two at most. But when the bed is on, the leafs actually flex backwards. I don't think removing the bumpstops will work, I think it will drop the axle all the way to the frame.

JL-KA
Car: 1994 Nissan Hardbody 4X4

Sounds like you got the wrong part.I found the instructions on their site...http://www.airbagit-store.com/...m.pdfHopefully that will help you.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”