D21/Pathfinder swap

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
LowerNLifteverything
Car: 1988 Nissan Pathfinder
1986 Nissan D21

I am new here so im sorry if this exists already but nothing came up for me I have a 2wd 86 D21 z24i but after purchasing the truck it quickly turned to s*** weather so I ended up with an 88 pathfinder but I want to lower the pathfinder and think that swapping the bodies is my easiest course of action but recently Ive been thinking about leaving the motors alone and putting the d21 on the v6 from the pathfinder. I know I would have to swap the harnesses but a v6 trophy d21 and then a lowered drifty speaker packed pathfinder would be an awesome combo. I just am looking for anybody who has heard of doing this. If I had endless money Im sure there are many other options that would make the swap easier. Also add along questions any suggestions for making the z24i push more power but without emptying my pocket. I would really like if they made performance intakes of some type but I havent found much. I at some point for both motors am planning on forged internals and either turbos or superchargers and the common performance parts, I would like to get another v6 and wiring harness for the pathfinder too. Anyone that has any ideas that aid my plans I appreciate it and also part sites or links to parts whatnot any ideas help. Im really just having a hard time deciding how to do it. If you dont like my ideas then go stuff a turkey, happy spring

GareBear
Car: 1990 Nissan Hardbody 4x4 5spd M/T

I recently picked up a slightly mashed in '97 King Cab. I found a '93 Pathfinder for the entire front wrap. There is a difference in the height of the core support mounts that are welded to the frame. I can only assume this is due to a taller radiator for the V6 compared to the KA24. Sadly, I pitched the original radiator before I could set them side by side to confirm this. I'm new to the Hardbody/Pathfinder models, but I thought I'd mention what I've encountered so far if I can help someone else. My solution has been to swap these weld-on core support mounts from the Pathfinder as well. However, to get the front wrap to sit somewhat correctly against the cab and maintain fender to door gaps, etc., I had to raise them a little higher on the D21 frame than they were on the Pathfinder. I'm no body man by any means, but for whatever reason, this is what was required in my situation. Bumper mounts were slightly different as well. None of this may apply in your case, but it is worth mentioning just because I did not expect to run into this variation.
Good luck!

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”