D-max Type 2 Aero Kit

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
KYZAAC
Car: 92 240sx SR

Im looking for a body kit, do they still make the dmax type 2 kits? i cant find them.

I have been dead set on the origin streamline kit and a set of kouki tails since i started this build a few years ago. After paying for both the kouki tails and body kit a month ago, I just got 2 emails back, one saying the kuoki tails are on major back and possible discontinued and my money would have to be returned, the other from origin, after telling me they had 1 full kit left in stock i sent the payment only to hear back a month later they noticed the rerr bumper was missing from the kit.

Now the car is finally done after 3+ years, just waiting for paint and body work, so i'm in a mad rush to get something on it.

Any suggestions on something decent with good fitment? Seems like all the kits i try to find are discontinued .

chris1212
Car: 1996 240sx

sorry but the D-max has also been discontinued...I myself like the jap kits but I feel the high cost shortens the demand so no one buys them. plus another $450 for shipping. The same with Work wheels. All the old ones look more sporty than the new line thats out. So they discontinued the old line and the new ones look good on lexus,bmw and so on. $3,500 for jap wheels. as more high end cars make it to car shows. prices sky rocket and us little guys get left out. there's no longer a budget build....you got to pay to play

KYZAAC

Yea, thats true, everything I want is impossible to get or on major back order. Even Kouki tail lights are on a major back order, they returned my money after buying them because they dont know if there even making anymore or something.

I checked out the V-Fibre Duraflex kits on ebay, just to find something cheap for the summer until origin gets the kit I want in. Does anyone have any reviews on these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/89-94-Nissan-24 ... fresh=true

Does anyone know anything about the VIS body kits that enjuku sell? I was going to get this one but it's missing the sides - http://www.enjukuracing.com/products/VI ... X-S13.html

daemonyk
Car: '93 240SX

My sketchy memory seems to recall that Extreme Dimensions / Duraflex stuff used to be regarded as useless junk that was often annihilated simply by the act of shipping it to the customer. ED tried to give themselves a reboot, and I've heard alot of fanfare about their stuff being good / better now, but don't know whether it is actually any good / better.

If nothing else, here's how I figure it. Enjuku is a good company that generally not in the habit of selling crap. Since enjuku sells VIS stuff, but not ED stuff, VIS > ED :gotme The only place I can recall seeing plug ED stuff is Andy's Auto Sport, and they don't exactly have a very good reputation, either.

Sorry I don't actually know much on the matter. G'luck finding something suitable :bigthumb:

KYZAAC

I've been reading the same stuff you said. I was actually reading a thread on here earlier about Extreme Dimensions, The thread starter was having fitment issues with the front bumper so he just boxed it up and it sat for a year, ED came into the thread and gave him a full refund and they said they have made a bunch of changes for the bettter.

I agree, Enjuku doesn't sell junk so that would be the safer option, but the kit I want is missing side skirts. When buying a body kit can you just make up your own from different kits? or do they have to be some what similar to keep the lines and what not.

Heres the 2 VIS kits. M-Speed & G-Speed. I wanted G-Speed, but its missing side skirts. They have the full M-speed kit, but I don't think I really like the front bumper. I wonder if it would look ok if I used the front bumper from G and used it on M.. Or should I just stick with the whole kit

G-Speed

M-Speed

daemonyk

Lol yeah they say they're better now, but I've heard that song and dance before :rolleyes: When I can talk to someone who's actually using a new ED kit, then I might consider believing it. But being that I can't even seem to find anyone that uses their kits currently, that isn't a good sign...

With the less expensive cookie-cutter kits sometimes they re-use the same skirts and rear bumper on several kits. The skirts on those two are clearly different, but as long as they're not clearly supposed to be matched (Like an Invader kit :rolleyes: ) you can get away with mixxy matching parts IMO. If you're not in love with those little venty ports on the g speed skirts, I think the G speed bumper would look good with the M speed skirts. And the rear bumpers look identical to me :gotme I'd go for it.

KYZAAC

Yea thats true too, Just telling you what you want to hear. I don't think i'll be the test pilot.

Do you know of any quality body kits that are still easy to get? I don't even mind spending money on a good kit. I'm just going wit something cheap until the origin streamline kit comes in from back order. Thats over 3 months tho. Even this Cheap VIS kit is over $850 Shipped, Then I have to pay all the taxes and border fees om the $850

I was looking at the charge speed and GP Sports kits and a few others, Chances are They'll never look as nice on your car as they do in the sales pic.

daemonyk

KYZAAC wrote:Yea thats true too, Just telling you what you want to hear. I don't think i'll be the test pilot.

Do you know of any quality body kits that are still easy to get? I don't even mind spending money on a good kit. I'm just going wit something cheap until the origin streamline kit comes in from back order. Thats over 3 months tho. Even this Cheap VIS kit is over $850 Shipped, Then I have to pay all the taxes and border fees om the $850

I was looking at the charge speed and GP Sports kits and a few others, Chances are They'll never look as nice on your car as they do in the sales pic.
Check's in the mail, we're just about to send it out, we'll have it in any day now, that's never happened before :bs: haha nothx If they prove me wrong somehow someday I'll gladly eat my words, but right now, they don't look good...

Lol yeah funny how kits come out nice when you can pay a shop to install it perfect for the demo pic. The main griefs I've heard about the cheap kits are you have to make your own mounting holes /provisions, they need to be finished up a little (trimming sanding etc in addition to painting of course), and less than perfect fit. The VIS kits seem to be ok on the fitment, but I don't know from experience :gotme Still have to deal with the drilling and finishing and mounting, but thats the cost of cheap, I guess.

KYZAAC

yea thats true man. im going to order tomorrow, but I still don't know what to do.

I wish I could just get the whole first kit, but there is no skirts. An im starting to think the G speed bumper from the first pic wont look good with M spee kit below.

Is anyone good with photoshop that can swap these out for me?

Extreme Dimensions
Vendor
Car: Maxima, G35 (x3), s2000 (x2) Integra, Tundra, 350z (x2), MR2 turbo, s14,Miata (x2), GMC Envoy, Trailblazer, Jeep Cherokee x 3

http://www.stancenation.com/2013/06/30/ ... san-240sx/
^=http://extremedimensions.com/95-96-240s ... d-Kit.html

We really are working hard to repair any issues/negative reviews etc etc......
If you find anything you may be interested in our website, please let me know and i will work out an awesome deal for you.

daemonyk

Something like that ish. M-speed skirts on G-speed bumper.

The rear bumpers are actually quite identical - at least, I can't tell any difference :gotme

@ E.D. Noted, and thank you for adding to the discussion :bigthumb: Like I said, I only know what I know, and it is what it is. If I learn otherwise, I will gladly change my tune. We shall see :dblthumb:

Extreme Dimensions
Vendor
Car: Maxima, G35 (x3), s2000 (x2) Integra, Tundra, 350z (x2), MR2 turbo, s14,Miata (x2), GMC Envoy, Trailblazer, Jeep Cherokee x 3

daemonyk wrote:Something like that ish. M-speed skirts on G-speed bumper.

The rear bumpers are actually quite identical - at least, I can't tell any difference :gotme

@ E.D. Noted, and thank you for adding to the discussion :bigthumb: Like I said, I only know what I know, and it is what it is. If I learn otherwise, I will gladly change my tune. We shall see :dblthumb:
Not a problem.OP:Just to at least TRY, you were interested in these parts?

http://extremedimensions.com/89-94-240sx-GP1-FB.html
http://extremedimensions.com/89-94-240s ... rt-RB.html
http://extremedimensions.com/89-94-240s ... rt-SS.html

pepesilvia
Car: 96 S14

I owned the M1 sport full kit when i had my S13... here's proof lmao....

so im gonna give you my personal, completely unbiased review. When i bought this kit it was the body part for any car i had ever bought. When it arrived me and my brother took it out and as a joke we tested the durability (like they do in the duraflex videos) by bending it and even throwing it down a hill and it held up really well.... but to make this review easier, i'll give you a pro's/cons list

PRO's:
VERY durable
slightly flexable
easy to trim
easy to paint
looks good

CON's:
a lot of trimming is required to make it fit
a lot of the corners didnt match up 100%
it was hard to mount the bumpers even with all original OEM hardware (bumper supports, brackets etc.)
very heavy. it must have weighed three times as much as an OEM plastic bumper....

like i said, this is what i gathered from owning this kit. ALSO i owned this kit about 3 years ago so hopefully Extreme dimensions updated the kits since then.... If i think of anything else, or if you have any questions about this kit you can PM me or whatever. hope i could help a little more :bigthumb:

daemonyk

Now THAT'S a testimonial! :bigthumb: Thanks for posting that up :dblthumb:

KYZAAC

Thanks for the info Pepe! that deff helps. Alo thanks to E.D for taking interest.

You said you've made changes. Is there anything different then what pepe described?

Is the fitment any better then he talked about? Is it stil tat much heavier then oem? etc.

Also what is your shipping rates to Canada?

Thanks for changing those side skirts too, actually looks decent

Extreme Dimensions
Vendor

KYZAAC wrote:Thanks for the info Pepe! that deff helps. Alo thanks to E.D for taking interest.

You said you've made changes. Is there anything different then what pepe described?

Is the fitment any better then he talked about? Is it still that much heavier than oem? etc.
Let me tackle this by quoting and responding.....
pepesilvia wrote:so i'm gonna give you my personal, completely unbiased review. When i bought this kit it was the body part for any car i had ever bought. When it arrived me and my brother took it out and as a joke we tested the durability (like they do in the duraflex videos) by bending it and even throwing it down a hill and it held up really well.... but to make this review easier, i'll give you a pro's/cons list
First, thank you for your input. This really is the most unbiased review i've seen to date.
pepesilvia wrote: PRO's:
VERY durable
slightly flexible
easy to trim
easy to paint
looks good
This part is still true. It is also a very reasonable alternative for the cost conscious. Flexibility depends on the actual kit and for what car (ex:a 350Z n2 bumper is MUCH more flexible than Honda Fit bumper, simply because of length).
pepesilvia wrote: CON's:
a lot of trimming is required to make it fit
a lot of the corners didn't match up 100%
it was hard to mount the bumpers even with all original OEM hardware (bumper supports, brackets etc.)
very heavy. it must have weighed three times as much as an OEM plastic bumper....
Every single one of our pieces is handmade, so no two parts will be identical. this is also the reason why SOME trimming may be required (we don't have the car in front of us, so we leave some excess and have you trim it, rather than trim it, ship it, only to have trimmed too much). However, if its a MAJOR issue (ie: you have to cut a part in half, trim from the middle, and put it back together lol), we will send you out a new one.MOST aftermarket body kits do require some trimming (sometimes even complete removal) of the reinforcement/crash bar, but not all. our bumpers are designed to reuse the stock brackets.

NOTE: Extreme Dimensions has a Warranty that covers shipping damages and customer satisfaction. But NOBODY ever contacts us...

Fiberglass will typically be heavier than plastic,its the nature of the material, but it should not be 3x heavier. If you'd like i can see if we have a scale and weigh the bumpers individually, that way you can compare with the OEM weight?

Without saying that our kits were bad in the past, we have definitely improved our molds.All in all we really go through hoops to ensure all our customers are happy. I personally have taken care of two people OVER A YEAR after they purchased their kits.
KYZAAC wrote:Also what is your shipping rates to Canada?
Rates to canada vary by region, plus customs WILL put a nice little tax on everything, but for accurate pricing shoot me a pm with your info.

I tried to hit all the points, but if any of you gents have questions for me, fire away.

KYZAAC

i sent you a pm. could i also get a shipping quote for just a set of side skirts to the address i gave in the pm

KYZAAC

Just want to give a quick update about my dealings with Extreme Dimensions so far.

Customer service has been top notch, some of the best i've dealt with up to this point actually, gave me an amazing deal too. Hopefully it stays the same if I happen to run into problem down the road lol

Shipping was pretty amazing, i'm very surprised they got here as fast as they did. I ordered the parts Tuesday afternoon, the 16th I think, and the truck had them in my driveway yesterday on the 24th.

I found this pretty awesome because When I originally ordered the Streamline kit from Origin, I was in a huge panic to send the money because I was told it was the last full kit then they were back ordered for 3 months. I sent the payment May 31st, and Enjuku returned my payment on June 24th, saying the origin rep just went to the warehouse to get the kit ready to ship and noticed the rear bumper was missing from the kit. That wasn't meant as a bash towards anyone btw, more of a high five to ED. Origin offered me a diff bumper of my choosing if i wanted too. (pretty sure those date are accurate going by my emails)

They were packaged in 1 big box nice and neat, and individually bubbled wrapped. I didn't have a chance to go over the items very good cuz it was raining buckets the last 2 days. Tomorrow I will take them out and lay them out and go over them and take some pics and post them up.

Extreme Dimensions
Vendor

KYZAAC wrote:Just want to give a quick update about my dealings with Extreme Dimensions so far.

Customer service has been top notch, some of the best i've dealt with up to this point actually, gave me an amazing deal too. Hopefully it stays the same if I happen to run into problem down the road lol

Shipping was pretty amazing, i'm very surprised they got here as fast as they did. I ordered the parts Tuesday afternoon, the 16th I think, and the truck had them in my driveway yesterday on the 24th.

I found this pretty awesome because When I originally ordered the Streamline kit from Origin, I was in a huge panic to send the money because I was told it was the last full kit then they were back ordered for 3 months. I sent the payment May 31st, and Enjuku returned my payment on June 24th, saying the origin rep just went to the warehouse to get the kit ready to ship and noticed the rear bumper was missing from the kit. That wasn't meant as a bash towards anyone btw, more of a high five to ED. Origin offered me a diff bumper of my choosing if i wanted too. (pretty sure those date are accurate going by my emails)

They were packaged in 1 big box nice and neat, and individually bubbled wrapped. I didn't have a chance to go over the items very good cuz it was raining buckets the last 2 days. Tomorrow I will take them out and lay them out and go over them and take some pics and post them up.

:woot: :bigthumb: :dblthumb: :mike

I'm really glad to hear you've been happy with the purchase thus far, and hope that that does not change.

Cant wait for you to post up the pictures! If any problems DO come up, you have my email address :bigthumb:

Thanks,
Irving

lanuser

I have a brand new Kit.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”