CyanogenMod7 Release Copy 1

Forum dedicated to computer hardware and software, mobile phones and electronic gadgets.
Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

CyanogenMod7 RC1 was released a few days ago for most Android phones, i've been trying it out on my EVO for about 3 days now and so far it rocks. I didn't like CM6 at all but CM7 is a ton better, feature and functionality wise both. It took me forever to finally totally move away from stock HTC Sense, no matter what ROM I tried, even if it was Sense based, I still wanted to switch back to a stock Sense ROM. So far though, CM7 may be one I finally land on. I'm getting about a day out of battery life, with it overclocked to 1.1ghz, and haven't been getting any lag at all. I'm running Launcher Pro in place of the stock ADW launcher that comes with it, mainly for the widgets, but CM comes with plenty of features stock. Overall, it's worth giving a shot if you're looking to try a custom ROM :bigthumb:

redtop91
Car: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start

I just moved from Mikfroyo on my EVO to CM7. I couldn't be happier except the browser on Mikfroyo was TONS faster but the battery life improvement on CM7 versus Mikfroyo makes it worth it.

Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

I've ran CM7 a couple of times now and keep ending up switching to something else. Right now i'm on ACS Kings Gingerbread ROM, which I downloaded from ROM Manager. My father in law told me about it and I really like it a lot, it's based on CM7, but it's a lot better ROM all around IMHO. I'm still not sure if i'll stick with it though, it's hard to stay away from Sense based ROMs... So far the best Sense based ROM i've found has been the Sprint Lovers ROM and Myn's Warm 2.2.

Return to “Computers / Electronics”