CX Racing Turbo kit

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
xQsixx
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

Hello all I have a 1995 240 with a KA24DE with 230xxx miles on it and was wondering about putting a turbo on it. I've done a lot of homework on this and I would like to get around 280whp or so and I need some help. I was looking into getting a turbo kit from CX Racing. It looks like it has just about everything i would need. I have never bought anything from them before and didn't know if it would be a good buy.

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mv ... ine_KA24DE

Link to turbo kit ^

Any help would be awesome.

sx moneypit
Car: 2010 370Z
1986 Toyota MR2

Welcome to NICO!

Check this thread ,lots of good info.
the-definitive-ebay-no-name-chinese-che ... 21821.html

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

CXRacing is a decent place to get a kit. Their manifold is pretty good. What are you doing for engine management?

xQsixx

Well I stoped thinking about this setup but i was gonna run a Jim Wolf ECU. But now I'm looking at this Greddy setup.

http://www.frsport.com/GReddy-11520633- ... p_787.html

WDRacing

I have a hard time getting behind Greddy. If it were me, I'd buy the CXRacing kit and whatever it needs for minor stuff like lines. Then I'd pair it with an Enthalpy ECU with whatever injector and MAF combo you decide to go with. Just make sure you buy all of the correct supporting stuff to match the tune.

I do NOT recommend the Emanage Blue. It's not even their top of the line piggy back. If you're not into tuning yourself, with a dyno, then you want a ROM tune from a professional. Enthalpy would be my go-to at the moment. JWT is also a decent choice, but they make less power than Enthalpy tunes do.

Google search and you'll see what others have to say. CXRacing is one of those fairly solid Ebay companies.

Feel free to ask questions about anything. We have a pretty solid background in most things from baller budget builds to the lowly junkyard build. I enjoy junkyards.

WD

xQsixx

Thanks. Looks like I'm going with the CX kit. One more question tho should i run 370cc injectors with a walbro 255 fuel pump? Or somthing else. And what brand injectors?

xQsixx

Also has anyone on here used this kit before? I just got off the phone with a lady that works at CX Racing and she said that all of there turbos come from china. Now I'm really unsure about buying this kit...

WDRacing

Ever shop at Walmart? 99% of their products come from China. Some Chinese products are junk, some aren't. For the money, you can buy the CXRacing kit and if the turbo does go tits up on you, can you have it rebuilt for about $400. Or buy a new/used Garret unit and still have more cash on hand than if you were to buy the Greddy kit. BTW, that kit you linked doesn't even have an intercooler. They also don't show the manifold. It would be nice to see what it looks like. Check turbo's and intercooler kits by God Speed, they're probably the best of the Chinese brands. They have a good cast manifold on their site, probably last longer than the CXRacing one. The God Speed turbo's have been confirmed to be balanced. I can't say for sure about the CXRacing ones.

Just my .02

xQsixx

Yeah my bad. Anyway I looked on Godspeed's website and there is a nice looking "Turbo set up kit" for 800$. They don't make a FMIC kit for the KA but they make one for the SR for 400$. So called Godspeed and talked with Chris and he said it should fit tho some mods maybe needed. I would post a like to the kit but for some dumb reason my work computer won't load there website...

WDRacing

There are also some really good deals on used turbo's on Ebay and Amazon. I find that when buying stuff made in China it's probably best to use stuff without moving parts. Like intercoolers, exhaust stuff etc. If the item has moving parts or plays an important roll like a wastegate does, you're best bet is to save up a little if you have to and buy a quality piece.

EMUSA turbo's, sold by Speedy Racer are better than God Speed. There are so many Ebay companies I can't keep track.

WDRacing

Alert

At the time of this writing I can no longer recommend turbo's from EMUSA. CXRacing seems to have the market cornered for fairly reliable knock-off brand turbo's.

My personal recommendation would be to find a decent used turbo from a genuine company like Holset or Borg Warner. This only applies to the turbo, I have no opinion on the rest of CXRacings stuff because I haven't owned any...yet.

Grimreefer721
Car: 1991 240sx s13
*KA24DET

2014 Altima S

From what I've seen from Godspeed id agree with WD. Some of there other parts aren't that bad, but moving pieces, such as the turbo, I've heard there stuff is pretty cheaply made in terms of that. But I got a t28 id be willin to let go for cheap. Was gonna use it for mine, but I just picked up a t3 and am gonna run a t3/t4 compound.

drftwel
Car: 1990 240sx hatch w/built SR20DET

I had a CXRACING top mount t3/t4 MANIFOLD that CRACKED in only 2 weeks of daily driving, got fresh built motor, and was in the break in process daily driving it , and wasn't even hard on it at all..... It was dyno'd at 429hp and 319 tq on 19 psi but I ran 7 psi the entire time after that :wtf2:

WDRacing

Which manifold was it? Got pics?

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”