CVTz50 Android Nissan CVT JATCO

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
DGMB
Car: Nissan Altima 2010 2.5SL

Google Play offers a good application (CVTz50) to maintain our Nissan / JATCO CVT (JF011E).

The application requires an Android device and an ELM327 OBD interface. The user can reset fluid counter and monitor fluid temperature and much more.
I used it on my Altima 2.5 SL 2010 and it is working very well. The application cost only a few dollars if you are already equipped with an Android device (phone, tablet). For people that do their own maintenance and want to reset their counter or adjust their fluid level at the proper temperature it is the perfect tool.

I found it on a Mitsubishi forum. I can’t post the URL here but if you do a search using Information about maintenance Outlander CVT (2014-2016) you will find it.

The post covers the threshold use to increment fluid counter. It also covers the replacement of the heat exchanger filter that is often neglected. This filter can reduce significantly fluid flow when restricted. Mitsubishi parts numbers are given for filter and oil seal. Same parts used for Nissan if equipped with the JF011E.

Hopes this help others with CVT maintenance.

Regards,
:)

MalcolmY

"This app is incompatible with all of your devices."

I have a Sonzy Z5 phone and an Asus Zenpad 8", all high end-ish devices. wat.

DGMB
Car: Nissan Altima 2010 2.5SL

The Apps may see another Bluetooth device that it may not be compatible with.
The ELM 327 device must be connected (powered) to the OBD port of your car for your phone or tablet to communicate with it.
The ELM327/OBDII interface must be paired to your Android phone or tablet (Bluetooth/setup). Normally you need to enter 1234 or 0000 if a pass code is requested.
The Apps should see it after a few seconds when it is opened. Then you have to select the Bluetooth device you want the Apps to talk to.

TheScarletRogue
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue, Cayenne red

I am currently trying to use this device on my 2018 Rogue and I cant not get it to work just rattles on with a bunch of lines but never shows me a any data, what ELM 327 are you using (like the actual model not version) and what setting do you use?

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”