CVT Transmission Problem

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
tntct831
Car: 2011 Nissan Cube

I have a 2011 Nissan Cube with 130,000 miles on it. I am the second owner, but put the majority of the miles on it (nearly 100K miles). I recently had a problem where the car lost power, and would only go at low speeds no matter how much you press on the accelerator. We parked it near the house, and when we went to drive it the next day, if you pressed down on the gas pedal, it would bog down and only go 5 mph, same in reverse. Then it got worse and would start to shake , and would only roll under its own power if you release the brake and don't use the gas pedal, it would eventually get up to 5 mph or so, but it you press on the gas pedal, the car would begin to shake again.

I am thinking from everythign I read on line that this is related to the CVT Transmission, but I have not seen the exact same problem that I am experiencing, as in the posts that I read referred to a Safe Mode, where the car is able to limp along at 20 mph or so, but there was no mention of the car shaking when pressing on the gas pedal.

Help!!!

Thank you

ezb57e

Make sure the brake lights are working correctly as there have been issues in other Nissan vehicles causing a similar situation .
All the vehicle systems should be checked for DTCs, but the chances are you need a trans.
Sorry

GamblerZ
Car: Too many Datsuns/Nissans to list. ;)

It sounds to be that you are having CVT issues. Did you service the transmission regularly with fluid changes? Nissan had an aggressive warranty campaign for the CVT. I am surprised no one said anything to you as you were approaching 100,000 miles.

Return to “Cube Forum”