CVT Transmission Advice

All things Altima Coupe.
rockyg11
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 Coupe

Hey guys, new here to this forum! I'm liking it so far. So i'm just going to jump straight into it, i have an 08 A/C 2.5, 130k miles, auto. I am experiencing CVT problems :mad: my car goes into limp/safe mode after about only 1 hour of driving. It's insanely annoying, i have to let it cool down for at least an hour or else it will continue to whine. It doesn't overheat, and i'm not getting any lights on my dash. HOWEVER, doing the little trick to get the codes with your accelerator and brake pedals yielded a P0744 Code. Looked it up online and found a Nissan TSB that applies to my car, in it the preferred course of action is changing the Transmission Valve Body. My question is, is it better to replace the entire transmission or just the valve body? & if just the valve body, how do i go about it? Is it even possible without dropping the entire tranny? :confused:

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi and welcome to NICO Club!

Does the TSB involve the dealership fixing stuff under warranty? Have you talked to a dealership about getting the work done yet?

For doing things yourself, you can use the Service Manual. See the link at the top of this page to find your manual.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”