CVT Sub Assembly

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
SpoofedXEX
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sport

I pulled a CVT sub assembly from a recently wrecked Altima at the junkyard since mine is whining. Did some visual inspections before pulling it and all seemed well. No audible groans from the shafts or band when testing like my current one does.

Only thing, is there’s a ring that resembles a piston ring on the side that’s not the output/input shaft. Whichever it is lol. That i am guessing goes on the bearing on that side and I may have just knocked loose when pulling. Any info would be appreciated. I installed it back on that bearing since that made the most sense. Just wanted to make sure I’m right.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

That subassembly comes as one piece so we don't generally have them apart, but if you mean the big ball bearing then there's definitely a circlip underneath it. This vid may help you out. This guy actually disassembles the belt from the pulleys, something we rarely have to do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlKYNL_wdd8

SpoofedXEX
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S
2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sport

VStar650CL wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:19 pm
That subassembly comes as one piece so we don't generally have them apart, but if you mean the big ball bearing then there's definitely a circlip underneath it. This vid may help you out. This guy actually disassembles the belt from the pulleys, something we rarely have to do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlKYNL_wdd8
Thanks for the reply, that video indeed helped. He had a close up shot of the ball bearings and I could see that ring in the same spot I placed the one back in on mine.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

:dblthumb:

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”