CVT slipping?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Borderdog

I felt this short lurch numerous times driving home today. It occurred at highway speeds going at cruise speed. I was not accelerating or doing anything unusual. It felt like for a short second the transmissionjust slipped. The lurch was a little unnerving as it felt almost like you had hit ice or something. Over 90 miles it happened about 10 times. It is the coldest day this year so far 5°. Is this the CVT slipping and does it have anything to do with the cold weather?

thanksBorderdog

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Judging by the lack of responses, no one seems to have experienced anything similar with their vehicle. I definately have not had this occur with my Rogue, and I can't think of any reason why you would have these momentary surges in power, but I would guess that it is not the CVT slipping.

I don't think the CVT belt can slip, because if it did it this at highway speeds I imagine it would make a really loud noise and develop lots of excessive friction, and I bet your tranny wouldn't last long after that, AND I'm sure you'd notice it happening around town if in fact your CVT was crapping out. It must be something else possibly related to computer control or physical barriers to fuel supply, but I'm sure your service department can track down the problem for you. I'd take it in right away.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Also, my CVT performs exactly the same whether its 30 degrees celcius or -20, although some might note that the revs stay high for a lot longer as it takes longer for the vehicle to warm up, but basically the CVT itself is consistent across a wide range of temperatures.

Return to “Rogue Forum”