CVT Problem

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
bighercman
Car: 2008 Altima Sedan 3.5 SE

Hi everyone,

Ive been having a problem with my 3.5 Altima with the CVT. When i put it into manual mode at a stop it "slips/lags" between 1st and 2nd. It does it again between 2nd and 3rd. It only does it when ive been driving for a while. When i do it right when i start to drive my car i have no problems. Just curious if anyone else has this or any other problems i should look out for.

Also, i want to check my CVT transmission fluid, how the heck do i get the dipstick out????

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

I would take that to your dealer to have it checked...

As for the CVT - this is something to be serviced by your dealer as well. You can't change your own fluid because it's a special CVT fluid.

TheZway
Car: Nissan Altime 2008 3.5 SE

Drive your Altima on the highway for approximately 80 miles with a speed limit of about 65 to 80 mph continously. Pull off of the highway and come to a complete stop. If at that point you press on the acceleration pedal and you do not move forward, your CVT is bad.

I just replace my entire transmission on my 2008 Altima 3.5 SE. The dealership service department cannot take the CVT apart as directed by HQ Nissan. The entire transmission must be replaced. So far I have not experienced any further problems. My car was the first such case in the South.

Good luck and insist that they drive to recreate the problem.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”