CVT problem 2010

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
coolcat5774
Car: 2010 ROGUE S AWD

Well I just got my rogue couple days ago. Since I work for nissan I wanted to look up the bulletin for the cvt. Well we ran the vin to see if my was on the "list". Nothing showed up. Its manfac. date is 08/10. So they told me that since the bulletin came out in 4/10 that all newer vehicles should have the updated software. Well that didnt sit well with me because ever since i purchased it, the cvt hessitates and sometimes bucks with me. So i looked up the bulletin and and the ECU and TCU needs to have a specific number that falls within the guidlines. Well I got a master tech and hooked it up to consult III. We pulled the ECU and TCU id's. Well..look at that...my rogue has the specified numbers for the bulletin. Well since my vin didnt show up on the "recall" bulletin list, they couldnt have it warrantied. Ok, well I told the master tech this and I told him it would act up, he told me to let the service advisor know how its acting and have them write it up for that and nissan will pay for it and I can get the software upgrade. So they wrote it and I got my ECU and TCU update. Now..its like day and night...the transmission is so smooth. I have no more hesitation or bucking. Quicker acceleration as well. Im glad I got it done, plus nissan can see they need to expand the bulletin. Just thought I would share my story.

rolade01
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver Black/Blue Cloth

coolcat5774 wrote:Well I just got my rogue couple days ago. Since I work for nissan I wanted to look up the bulletin for the cvt. Well we ran the vin to see if my was on the "list". Nothing showed up. Its manfac. date is 08/10. So they told me that since the bulletin came out in 4/10 that all newer vehicles should have the updated software. Well that didnt sit well with me because ever since i purchased it, the cvt hessitates and sometimes bucks with me. So i looked up the bulletin and and the ECU and TCU needs to have a specific number that falls within the guidlines. Well I got a master tech and hooked it up to consult III. We pulled the ECU and TCU id's. Well..look at that...my rogue has the specified numbers for the bulletin. Well since my vin didnt show up on the "recall" bulletin list, they couldnt have it warrantied. Ok, well I told the master tech this and I told him it would act up, he told me to let the service advisor know how its acting and have them write it up for that and nissan will pay for it and I can get the software upgrade. So they wrote it and I got my ECU and TCU update. Now..its like day and night...the transmission is so smooth. I have no more hesitation or bucking. Quicker acceleration as well. Im glad I got it done, plus nissan can see they need to expand the bulletin. Just thought I would share my story.
Funny, I just had my latest service at Southside in Vancouver and they didn't tell me that there is an update to the CVT. After picking it up I seem to have a slight vibration as I accelerate from a full stop. It's as if the low gear ratio is struggling to find a sweet spot during low speed acceleration. Once I reach ~35 km/h at ~2900 RPM the gear ratio changes and the grumble goes away. I find this especially noticable if the car has sat for a few hours (1st drive in the morning, after a dinner out and a movie, etc...).

I bought my Rogue SL AWD in early January 2010. Should I be going in to see if I need the update?

coolcat5774

Look into it. I can get the list of ECU and TCU id's that are effected, but of course you would still need a consult III to pull it up. But it should take 5 min. or less for them to get your ECU id. The TCU gets programmed first, then the ECU. So if they check the ECU id and its on the list you know you need it. Actually the problem you have is what I was also experiencing.

rolade01
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver Black/Blue Cloth

I'd appreciate the affected ECU and TCU ids. I actually have an OBDII reader that I connect to my laptop via USB (got it for a troublesome Chevy so that I could go to the shop with error codes in hand to avoid excess charges). I have never connected it to the Rogue (never had a reason), but I wonder if I could get any info using it with ProScan.

I have something very similar to this one http://www.amazon.com/Crescent-OBD2-Mul ... 240&sr=8-1

Igg

coolcat5774 wrote:Well I just got my rogue couple days ago. Since I work for nissan I wanted to look up the bulletin for the cvt. Well we ran the vin to see if my was on the "list". Nothing showed up. Its manfac. date is 08/10. So they told me that since the bulletin came out in 4/10 that all newer vehicles should have the updated software. Well that didnt sit well with me because ever since i purchased it, the cvt hessitates and sometimes bucks with me. So i looked up the bulletin and and the ECU and TCU needs to have a specific number that falls within the guidlines. Well I got a master tech and hooked it up to consult III. We pulled the ECU and TCU id's. Well..look at that...my rogue has the specified numbers for the bulletin. Well since my vin didnt show up on the "recall" bulletin list, they couldnt have it warrantied. Ok, well I told the master tech this and I told him it would act up, he told me to let the service advisor know how its acting and have them write it up for that and nissan will pay for it and I can get the software upgrade. So they wrote it and I got my ECU and TCU update. Now..its like day and night...the transmission is so smooth. I have no more hesitation or bucking. Quicker acceleration as well. Im glad I got it done, plus nissan can see they need to expand the bulletin. Just thought I would share my story.
Hm I bought my 2010 AWD last year though in Nov of 09,

I wonder if mine needs the reprogramming as well. Could you please provide the ECU - TCU iDs that needs it please?

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

i understand 2008-2009 Rogues needing the software update, but wouldn't you think that the newer Rogues would have all the latest software. My theory is if a relatively new 2010 that was recently built needs an update, wouldn't that mean that customers who had the re-program during the recall would need another update to match the 2010-2011 software version ( as in newer cars).

coolcat5774

All I know is that we have a list of ecu and tcu id's. Any of those on the list needs the update. Now the bulletin says includes 2010 models. But since the bulletin was issued in april, it would seem, that any rogue before april would be affected. But thats not the case...nissan has not updated the ecu and tcu updates for the CVT. Everyone at my dealership told me that it should be updated..well the only way to tell is to hook up the consult III and pull up the ecu and tcu id's. Much to everyones surprise, my new 2010 rogue needed the update, like I said, the production date is august 2010. Cant get much newer than that. Well...I know for a fact it made a huge difference to the CVT's shifting and the engines smooth accelerating. So, nissan is still not shipping these out with new software update......but.....when I bought my rogue, I had to choose from dealer stock, because the 2011 models are in. so we had 3 2010 models left, so maybe nissan is not worried about updating the "old" 2010 models, but will most likely incorperate the software up on the 2011 models...thats just my opinion, but it makes sense. To the rest of you who do want the ecu and tcu id's that are affected, I will get them tomorrow and post them tomorrow evening. Im just trying to make people aware that some rogues out there are still affected. If your rogue is on the list, i think you should get the update. But understand, the bulletin is voluntary, so it's up to you, the owner if you want this done...the dealership is not just going to do it for you.

sonnypaige
Car: Nissan Rogue 2010

I bought my 2010 Rogue in April. It has always made this metallic rattling noise. I now I have 5,000 miles on it, as of today. Within the past couple of days, it's started hesitating, almost like it's going to sputter out. I'm guessing this isn't normal? I just thought that rattle, like it's trying to decide what gear to be in, was the way it was supposed act.

coolcat5774

Alright everyone...sorry it took 2 days, but here are the ECU and TCU numbers. These is a copy of our bulletin. So this no reprint...but like I said, take it in to get it reprogramed. If your id is on here, then you need the update.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/53580 ... .jpg[/img]
Scan0001 by snugglebear74, on Flickr
[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/53580 ... .jpg[/img]
Scan0002 by snugglebear74, on Flickr

[/url]

Return to “Rogue Forum”